F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

NEW MODS! pwrcmdr LOOK!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 12:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW MODS! pwrcmdr LOOK!

whats up everyone? i'm not sure if you remember me but i just bought a 2001 cbr 600 f4i (silver and black) it came with a 2bros slip on.i just got a service that replaced sparkplugs and synthOIL lube.

i just put frame sliders on! i had to cut the farring but that was pretty easy and i didn't have to recut any holes. also i put on a tankpad (keiti) and got a new shoei helmet rf1000-nerve <---sweeeet. i put the k&n filter in. i think i notice a little bit of sound difference.

also, last night i installed a power commander 3 usb.! (super easy installation) i didn't get a chance to really ride after the installation and now i'm at work. when i did ride i didn't notice what i was hoping for. the throtle is a little bit more jumpy and thats pretty much it. i installed the newest map to go with my two brothers exhaust. what should i be noticing?

i want to put new headlights in. not really HID though. i like the idea of having a foul weather bulb and a super white bulb. can you give me some good names?

sorry for the long message -andy

Old 01-27-2006, 09:09 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: NEW MODS! pwrcmdr LOOK!

I've never been really keen on a yellow bulb because if the weather is crappy then my face shield is usually crappy too so a supernova mounted to the front of my bike wouldn't really help a lot. The silverstar 55W bulbs seem to produce a bit more light than stock.

I don't know what your expectations were for the PC3. With only a slip-on and a generic map you should get crisper throttle response and a bit more power.

Old 01-27-2006, 09:48 PM

ORIGINAL: fizripxxx
i like the idea of having a foul weather bulb and a super white bulb.
Interesting...Just a little input, you could have bought the bolt on sliders if you didnt want to cut the fairing.

Old 01-27-2006, 11:41 PM

Where can I get the bolt-on sliders?

Old 01-28-2006, 12:30 AM
Retired Administrator

Find a guy that just installed real sliders... you can find the bolt on ones in his trash can.

Old 02-04-2006, 06:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, don't waste your time with bolt ons. They actually CAN cause MORE damage that not having any sliders at all. Go for the real deal!
ORIGINAL: SquireSCA

Where can I get the bolt-on sliders?

Old 02-05-2006, 12:23 AM

i put on real sliders too a couple months back. with regards to yellow bulbs, i used luminics jdm yellow for about a month until i put 12k hid's in. those things are uber bright

Old 02-05-2006, 10:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: doncollins

Find a guy that just installed real sliders... you can find the bolt on ones in his trash can.

buahahahhahhahhahhahhha...that is the best don mang!

don't be a sissy, just say to your fairings "Imma cut you" and then do like that other mawfaki did with all them lasers and stuff and get the perfect hole!

those ***** with them cheap bandaid sliders...forget those...don't really save nothing and just straight up poseur factor. they for ***** who want fairing slider/saver and NOT frame slider/saver.

as for bulbs...i runs 1 philips foul weather bulb (yellow, like mah teef use to be) and one white...silverstar.
don't touch the bulb glass are when you install. oil from sticky stinky foo foo finger will get all heated up from bulb heat and BLAM! blow up...all over inside of housing...very hard to clean...so be safe mang and no touchy bulby!

Old 02-06-2006, 11:25 AM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

ORIGINAL: doncollins

buahahahhahhahhahhahhha...that is the best don mang!

don't be a sissy, just say to your fairings "Imma cut you" and then do like that other mawfaki did with all them lasers and stuff and get the perfect hole!

those ***** with them cheap bandaid sliders...forget those...don't really save nothing and just straight up poseur factor. they for ***** who want fairing slider/saver and NOT frame slider/saver.

as for bulbs...i runs 1 philips foul weather bulb (yellow, like mah teef use to be) and one white...silverstar.
don't touch the bulb glass are when you install. oil from sticky stinky foo foo finger will get all heated up from bulb heat and BLAM! blow up...all over inside of housing...very hard to clean...so be safe mang and no touchy bulby!
Why should a post like that make me laugh so hard LMAO. Dude you crack me up. I agree with the sliders, just cut it and be done. I don't know about the foul bulb thing though, it doesn't really look right when you ride with your brights on but thats just me. If you want it do it and if you end up not liking it you can always change it.

-Jesse-