F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

New helmet suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 02:48 AM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

some things you get what you paid for. i have a shoei and a avg helmet. a wise man once told me do you have a 150 head a $300 head so i went for the $450 helmet. the point is you get what you pay for and anyone really knows, will know what i'm talking about. if you don't have the cash go with the best that you can buy. your head is something you should not gamble with. even if your helmet is ugly. paint it!

Old 05-12-2010, 07:20 AM

Arai or Shoei for me. The AGV is ok, but not as quiet or comfy

Old 05-12-2010, 03:08 PM

Personally, I don't buy into the theory that more expensive helmets are better. That's just marketing, and money in the pocket for Shoei and Arai.

I consider the SHARP rating system (http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/) a much better indicator of what is a good and bad helmet. In choosing my next helmet, I decided to only look at 5 STAR rated helmets and finally went with the AGV S-4 based on good reviews and cost, besides it's rating.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to try it on, so I had to measure my head using their sizing chart in order to figure out I need a Small. At least I ordered it online and will be a lot cheaper than buying from a local store.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea, best bet is defenetly to try em' on at the store and buy em online..

i got mine of craiglist used for $100 after my original got ripped off the bike. (bastard even damaged the seat)

Old 05-13-2010, 12:41 PM

Anyone have the SparX s-07? Thinking about getting this one, pretty good price and I hear good things about it. Let me know what you guys think (those who have/had it)

Old 05-13-2010, 12:58 PM
Registered Users

shark is a good one to but my shoei is the one i like to wear. mine.

Attached Thumbnails New helmet suggestions-rf1000_diabolic2_tc5.jpg  
Old 05-13-2010, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by CodyJ28

Anyone have the SparX s-07? Thinking about getting this one, pretty good price and I hear good things about it. Let me know what you guys think (those who have/had it)
I have one. Doesn't fit my head very well, and I have a fairly oval head shape. So if you have a neutral or roundish head it will probably fit nicely. On the plus side, it has a very wide view out of it and the shield is crystal clear. Venting is so so, about average I guess. Pretty noisey too, but again that might just be my head shape.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:00 PM

like i said earlier i got a pretty fat roundish head lol. plus when i hair grows out it's like a helmet. i think i might get one of these off ebay, they come with a dark lens too which is nice. far as noise, i like to wear ear plugs or listen to music if im on long rides.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by CodyJ28
like i said earlier i got a pretty fat roundish head lol. plus when i hair grows out it's like a helmet. i think i might get one of these off ebay, they come with a dark lens too which is nice. far as noise, i like to wear ear plugs or listen to music if im on long rides.
Yeah man, if your head is round it sounds like it would work well for you. And yes, the extra shield is a nice bonus. I think the cheek pads are removable too, which is nice for cleaning.

Old 09-29-2013, 03:35 PM
Default Hello there!

I am interested in purchasing those Fulmer D4 Apache cheek pads, that is if you still have them.

Quick Reply: New helmet suggestions