F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

New guy!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah there is no problem buying a bike thats been down, it all just boils down to how fast it was going when it went down and how it went down. i bought a bike that was downed and it still runs great, the only things i had to change were the CCT and Fuel Pressure Regulator but those are notorious for going out on a F4i.
If it rides good and sounds good then i say buy it. A F4i is like a battle tank even if it has been down, these bikes are made solid, why do you think that all the stunters use them?

Old 02-18-2010, 11:27 AM

Nice color. Not orignal paint but it looks good anyways

Old 02-18-2010, 11:41 AM

im located in saint louis i found this on craigslist in plainfield illinois and im suppose to pick it up this saturday it has 9k miles for 3500 but i he accepted 3200 because i have to drive 250 miles for it, and to say i just dont want it dropped because with my luck, there is always something wrong with it i just have bad luck so I would hate to try it out and have something go wrong, and i am replacing the tires bc they have 60 percent thread on there only. but thanks a lot guys again i really appreciate all your help and im glad i joined this

Old 02-18-2010, 11:53 AM

Cant tell from the pic if it's been laid down or not. It doesn't appear to have been but it's definitely had the original fairings painted or aftermarket fairings painted. He lost 1 bot for the windscreen in the process...I'd check the bar ends, levers, mirrors, and stator cover for scratches since they are all OEM. But $3200 is really cheap for a F4i, especially in the midwest.

Last edited by teko1020; 02-18-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:13 PM

yeah i noticed that the bolt was missing and from after market i saw the mirrors n the windscreen from what i know is new but i am going to take one of my friends with me who has been riding a long time he has a 2002 honda 954rr and 03 1000rr so hell ride it and make sure there is nothing unusual and that it is a good buy

Old 02-18-2010, 05:59 PM

+1 to what everyone else said. I have to agree that just because a bikes had light lay down doesn't mean it's junk!! My bike had some damage from a slow speed layover. Kid said he hit a patch of sand coming up to a stop sign and went down around 15mph. Needless to say about 100 bucks worth of supplies and she looks good as new. The only thing to really look for is frame damage, ie scratches or dents in the actual frame, a bent subframe, or scratches on the wheels...from it sliding down the road. These are indications it went down very hard!! Those are the ones you wanna stay away from. But thats just my :2cents:

Old 02-18-2010, 06:01 PM

And oh yeah those pictures are nice, I'd buy that bike in a heartbeat if it were me!!

Old 02-18-2010, 10:41 PM
Registered Users

lol, i was going to look/get this bike. ended up going to wisconsin to get this one.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:07 PM

ohh woww yeah i understand everything you guys are trying to tell me and i swear i appreciate it so muchh every bit helpss, i know that the bike might have not went down at all THAT WAS HE SAID, It HAS NEVER BEEN LAID DOWN but if he lied about that then he could say it went down but nothing major and how could i believe any of this you know??? and to reply to efeliciano that bike is nice looking and i was suppose to pick one up from michigan but the guy kept screwin with me over 200 dollars so i gave upp but i arranged for this one to be picked up saturday i will let you guys know how it goess and what i find out ill take my own pictures , and also i had some problems posting on the forum it kept saying the message doesnt have enough characters or something so thats why i have two threads instead of one and i don know how to delete my appologies