F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Neon ground effects???

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 11:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Neon ground effects???

I made my own with about 12 LEDs on them in a piece of metal. I just havent put them on. I think it adds a little orignality, I just dont like them on going down the road, but they're ok when they're parked. I'd say go for it. Even if you dont like it, its only about a $20 investment. You may even consider a 12" tube, 18" may be a little extreme and it has to fit in the opening between there. Good Luck!

Old 01-31-2007, 08:48 PM

I don't care what anyone thinks, I did it to my bike cuz I wanted to do something different to mine. My bike is fast enough for me. Here is what I did. There is 9 LED's I mounted myself in the bike, powered off the battery going thru a toggle switch, which is mounted in the seat. So I can make sure nobody turns it on while I am away from my bike.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:31 PM

I think if it is done properly it looks good. I have a 7 color kit on mine and love it. You see no tubes just the glow they way it should be. I have one over my back tire, one on each side in the hole in the fairing and one up front over the tire. I think they only look "rice" if you get some hack job or moron who wants glow and doesnt take the time to put a little effort into hiding it.

Old 01-31-2007, 10:50 PM

Yeah, also I dont know so much about putting actual tubes on the bike. The heat from the headers may melt the housing or cause it to crack, or if you hit a bump. I would go more with L.E.D's and do it yourself like someone did above, or go with something like Electropods.

Old 01-31-2007, 11:20 PM

hey im not trying to jack this thread but has anyone ever had experience with thesehttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOTOR...7359QQtcZphoto

i was thinking about getting them for my bike.

once again not trying to jack the thread thanks guys

Old 02-01-2007, 02:15 PM

just check local laws, alot of LEO's pull guys over for it. Just like cars. Especially if they are just itchin to stop ya. I thought about doin it to mine too. I think it looks sweet, and by the way Stephens that is the sh*t. Nice job.

Old 02-01-2007, 03:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Stephens

I don't care what anyone thinks, I did it to my bike cuz I wanted to do something different to mine. My bike is fast enough for me. Here is what I did. There is 9 LED's I mounted myself in the bike, powered off the battery going thru a toggle switch, which is mounted in the seat. So I can make sure nobody turns it on while I am away from my bike.
This is exactly what I was thinking..
Can you give some info on location and which type of LED's

Thanks

Old 02-01-2007, 03:26 PM

Im a lil lost on those on ebay so how would you make them stick. or is that really strong adhessive on the black strips they the lights are on.

As for price it seems like a good deal but the light quality im not sure of i think lights are somethign you really need to see in person.

Old 02-01-2007, 04:16 PM

yeah im pretty sure they have an adhesive on the back of them.
ive seen them inperson like in the package they are pretty bright i just wanted to get some input on them.

STEPHENS; bike looks sweet!

Old 02-01-2007, 04:45 PM

their not something i would put on my bike but they could probably look good if their done right, but if i were u i would look for a high quality neon so it doesnt break from bouncing around on a bumpy street or something

Quick Reply: Neon ground effects???