F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Need some help

Old 05-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Need some help

Not to long ago I was at the drag strip for the first time and I pulled a wheelie off the line which threw me off and my bike fell pretty hard . It cracked my stator cover and when I took it off i noticed some scuffs on the fly wheel. What I want to know is am I ok with riding the bike as is or do I need another flywheel? I added two pictures to show the marks. Any help would be greatly appreciated since this is the only thing holding me back from riding atm.

Attached Thumbnails Need some help-flywheelinsidescuff.jpg   Need some help-1336517062791.jpg  
Old 05-09-2012, 08:48 PM

Its fine. Its just a magnet that spins around the copper windings and great a charge. As long as u can hold a bolt on it and the maglet pulls the bolt. your fine.. Could even be painted (not saying do it by any means, just saying it COULD BE). Now if theres cracks or chunks missing, id replace it.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:51 PM

Even some slight grooves are fine? Otherwise thats good news, I just have to wait for my new cover to come in.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:55 PM

Depends how much SLIGHT is. mine has one or 2 minor groves and my bike runs everyday perfectally fine.

Search this Thread