F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help

I bought a used honda cbr f4i, it has 19000 and it had been in a wreck(noob mistake). ok so the problem is that my wheel is off to the left. ok so i took it apart and i say that the gauge bracket was bent and cracked so i replaced it and now my right handlebar hits when i turn left. the forks dont look bent and as far as i can see nothing else it bent. any suggestions or ideas

Old 01-08-2009, 08:52 PM
Default RE: Need Help

I had the same problem after I decided to put my bike in a ditch at about 60mph. I never actually found out what part was bent and throwing the front end to the right. When I would ride straight with the front wheel pointed straight down the road my bars would be rotated to the right a little.

One of the bottom ends of your forks is probably a quarter to a half inch behind the other. If you take off your front fender does it go back on with no problem with all the bolt holes lining up?

Whatever it is it only takes a small bend in a part at the top of your front end to be off a considerable amount toward the bottom of the suspension. Bent steering stem possibly, bent fork.

Just swap front ends. You can upgrade your suspension in the process. Check my recent posts for the swap I just did.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Default RE: Need Help

i was looking it over, and the other bracket underneath the gauge braket is bent so i think thatll fix the hitting, and ill check into a swap thanks for the help.