F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Need F4i Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need F4i Help

I have a 2004 Cbr F4I and I ran into a pickle. Here is the story, well I bought the bike from a repo auction and it was dumped hard. I brought the hog home and started to work on it right away. Not knowing much about CBR"s I was a bit lost. The first thing I noticed was a red light on the spedo right by the green neutral light. After figuring out the headlight needs to be completely plugged in for any chance of starting the bike I was happy with the results. The bike started right away and ran great. Well I rode it for about 3 weeks waiting for some parts to come. Last week I go to start the bike and that red I guess oil pressure light is on once again. A bit confused I play around with the headlight wires and no luck. I check the fuses and no luck. I changed the fuel pump fuse and now when I go to start the bike and hold the ignition button after 2 second the pump turns on the red F1 light appears and stops. The bike does not start. WHAT CAN IT BE!!! I'm so lost. Please help fellow members

Old 09-07-2010, 04:35 PM

is your pump priming??

on the headlight harness there is a green wire that is know to have issues. also occasionally the kill switch and kick stand switches can cause no start issues as well as the Bank Angle Sensor

Old 09-07-2010, 04:44 PM

I replaced the angle sensor. The thing that bothers me at this point is before when I use to turn the keep the pump would prime and now it only primes wen I hold the start button but it dosent even turn over.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:29 PM

Def sounds like a wiring prob. A short, open, bad ground... Hard to troubleshoot w/o being there. Check all your connections around the headlight harness and fuse box. Open the connections and look for corrosion. Look for smashed or crimped wires. Good luck! Electrical problems stink!

Old 09-07-2010, 08:25 PM

Pull your connectors apart and check for corrosion I know one of them dose it for sure just don't remember witch one it is.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:20 PM

The issue that is bothering me is that the pump dosent prime. Why would it be doing this? Other issue is it primes when I hold the start button. I'm very confused and dont even know where to look for the issue

Old 09-11-2010, 07:08 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Read this, then check the harness referenced (Left side, common melting place on these - they don't run a thick enough ground wire to headlights and tip sensor)

https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthrea...870#post615870