F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

My Scorpio SR 500 SW Alarm review

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 11:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Scorpio SR 500 SW Alarm review

One thing I've noticed that despite scorpio's claims, the alarm seems to kill my battery regularly (and the alarm doesn't warn me of this situation like it's supposed to)!
I haven't seen and battery discharge, but I ride everyday, keep'em electrons flowing back and forth.

An Update for the review: When I go inside the mall , I kept the two way range for about 160 yards and all of a suddent the range was lost, then I turned around to go back towards the bike and it took me about a minute to regain the range status info. I was wondering what was happening, since I'd think I should get a lot sooner after going back. I called scorpio e-mailed scoropio ( great customer / tech support both on the phone n' e-mail) and I was told that the alarm sorta pings the remote about once every minute, to check if its still in a range. This is what I plan on doing next. After I loose the range, go back lets say 20 yrds back and see if the range in restored withing the minute. Quite honestly, that time I skiped on waiting for the range to come back on, I ran towards it. It was safe and sound,(lol) just the way I left it.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Scorpio SR 500 SW Alarm review

I just installed one onmy CBR1000RR, I have to agree with philnyc. I haven't had any problems with. I think a decent alarm and chain/lock are good deterents for theft. If anyones interested check ebay and craigslist. I searched craigslist for motorcycle parts and found a guy parting out with a bunch of harley parts. He just so happend to have an alarm box in one of the photos of parts. Long story short, I got the I-500 with battery backup and perimeter sensor for $220 and it was new in the box. Everything was still in the factory sealed plastic.