F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

My first bike

  #1  
Old 02-21-2010, 06:07 PM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 34
Default My first bike

Just got back from a 900 mile road trip to pick up my first bike that i gave $850 for, so here it is.



As you can see if was involved in an accident. I will be rebuilding the bike within the next few months as i get the funds to buy parts. So far it looks like i need fairings, stator, stator cover, flywheel, radiator, forks, clipons, and other little msc. parts. let me know what you guys think.
 

Last edited by rossp; 02-21-2010 at 06:12 PM.
  #2  
Old 02-21-2010, 07:33 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location:
Posts: 312
Default

Cool man - good luck with it....
 
  #3  
Old 02-21-2010, 07:36 PM
Zero1080's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,185
Default

I don't know that I'd ever attempt a rebuild for my first bike, but congrats and good luck. Keep us posted!
 
  #4  
Old 02-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Rennen's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 183
Default

since you have to get a new front end anyway, you should get a 954rr front end. my mechanic has that setup on his f4i race bike. its supposed to fit right in and be much better than the stock front end for the f4i. and i saw a complete one on ebay for $350 i think. the stator might be fine, although you definitely need a new stator cover. aftermarket fairings on ebay would by perfect for you as well. assuming that there's no frame damage, i think was a good buy.
 

Last edited by Rennen; 02-21-2010 at 08:26 PM.
  #5  
Old 02-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SAINT LOUIS, MO
Posts: 14
Default

was this one on craigs? i think i saw it or maybe a similar one
 
  #6  
Old 02-22-2010, 12:06 AM
Zero1080's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,185
Default

Originally Posted by Rennen View Post
since you have to get a new front end anyway, you should get a 954rr front end. my mechanic has that setup on his f4i race bike. its supposed to fit right in and be much better than the stock front end for the f4i. and i saw a complete one on ebay for $350 i think. the stator might be fine, although you definitely need a new stator cover. aftermarket fairings on ebay would by perfect for you as well. assuming that there's no frame damage, i think was a good buy.
There's another thread that is very recent. Covering this EXACT swap, and how track bikes, that's fine, but if he's going to use it daily, and even occasional track use, he's better off sticking with stock.
 
  #7  
Old 02-22-2010, 08:11 AM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 34
Default

Originally Posted by MDGW3 View Post
was this one on craigs? i think i saw it or maybe a similar one
yep, found it in pensacola
 
  #8  
Old 02-22-2010, 08:38 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 517
Default

Originally Posted by Zero1080 View Post
There's another thread that is very recent. Covering this EXACT swap, and how track bikes, that's fine, but if he's going to use it daily, and even occasional track use, he's better off sticking with stock.
What exactly is the "better off" part in a preference mod as meaningless as that? The only thing I worry about is... Didn't 954's have their forks recalled?
 

Last edited by teko1020; 02-22-2010 at 08:40 AM.
  #9  
Old 02-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 34
Default

Originally Posted by Rennen View Post
since you have to get a new front end anyway, you should get a 954rr front end. my mechanic has that setup on his f4i race bike. its supposed to fit right in and be much better than the stock front end for the f4i. and i saw a complete one on ebay for $350 i think. the stator might be fine, although you definitely need a new stator cover. aftermarket fairings on ebay would by perfect for you as well. assuming that there's no frame damage, i think was a good buy.
Stator is definately trashed. I'll be goin with all f4i parts for sure
 
  #10  
Old 02-22-2010, 09:14 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Detroit
Posts: 861
Default

Nothin wrong with building your first bike. I did the same thing, cept I only had to go 100 miles and paid 1500, but it was ready to ride (kinda) 3 fairings cracked and rashed, the baldest tires I've ever seen, and no can, but fired right up after sitting in the police impound for who knows how long. ebay is your friend.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.