F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Mounting my GoPro (question)

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mounting my GoPro (question)

Hello guys,

I have a question. I want to mount my GoPro in the front of my bike and thought that installing it in the mounting area of one of the mirrors would be the right thing to go about this. Now, does any of you know if this would be suitable on our bikes to look like this (kind of)? In other words, would the ball mount fit in the mirror mounting hole considering I have mirrors installed that include extenders. I dont really like the way it looks on the 2nd link, that's why I would rather consider the mount under the 1st link. The seller is not telling me anything about the measurement of the silver base, so I cannot be sure whether it would fit nicely. Are the mirror mounting bolts on our bikes (f4i's) M8s?

I would also like to know where you mount your GoPro at. I am also putting one of the adhesive plates on top of the helmet, but am looking for some kind of safety lanyard to be worry free in case the wind knocks it off. Let me know, guys!

Old 11-28-2012, 08:39 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a drift, and I use a handlebar mount on one mirror stalk.. Also look into a suction cup mount... Look up some YouTube vids.. Tons of GoPro bike how tos...

Old 11-29-2012, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Turbulenz
I have a drift, and I use a handlebar mount on one mirror stalk.. Also look into a suction cup mount... Look up some YouTube vids.. Tons of GoPro bike how tos...
I think that's what I'm go to do. I'm going to install the handlebar mount on the mirror extender.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:43 AM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

NEVER use the suction cup mount. Worst idea go-pro ever came up with. Always use 3m sticky pads. They don't come off unless you crash.

Old 11-29-2012, 12:48 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Helmet mount is good if you have a steady head. Video rarely come out to good since camera move when you head move....I get dizzy view back video from my camera mount. Also the problem with shoot angle...when you excelerate, you tend to tug into position, maybe all you shoot is the pavement...

I've a chest mount harness...$35

Old 11-29-2012, 12:54 PM
February 2012 ROTM

BTW: i've tried mounting on the tank, front mirrow etc....NO-GO....because my bike is old w/carbs...vibrates so dam much! all I get is a shaky video when throttle.

Here is my latest video shot back last month....Chest harness w/an erect sitting position.

Old 11-29-2012, 12:56 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Old 11-29-2012, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by estate4life
BTW: i've tried mounting on the tank, front mirrow etc....NO-GO....because my bike is old w/carbs...vibrates so dam much! all I get is a shaky video when throttle.

Here is my latest video shot back last month....Chest harness w/an erect sitting position.

MOTORCYCLE RIDE ALONG THE PACIFIC COAST - YouTube
Thanks for the input, Dennis. Have you tried using the rubber damper? Apparently it reduces vibration. I also have the chest harness. I guess that's the best bet.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by boredandstroked
NEVER use the suction cup mount. Worst idea go-pro ever came up with. Always use 3m sticky pads. They don't come off unless you crash.
I guess the suction mount was designed to be used mainly inside a car. I have seen many people like it.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by boredandstroked
id have to agree with this, the only thing ive gotten the suction mount to stay onto is the windshield in my car. any other surface, that ive tried it on, it will come undone after ~25 minutes

ive seen plenty of vids where people use it on their helmets and various spots on their bikes, i just dont have any faith in it.

Originally Posted by mbison83
Have you tried using the rubber damper? Apparently it reduces vibration.
when you put that thing in the clip, it make it a pain to get it onto the mount, and a huge pita when trying to get it off. if your having trouble with it vibrating then take the clip and try it on all the mounts, i had one mount that the clip fit real loose in and cause a ton of vibrations, but with the others it worked fine, and also had a clip that fit loosely but the other one fit fine.

but with mounting everything, you just need to try various spots and configurations and see what you like.

Quick Reply: Mounting my GoPro (question)