well
while i do love my 06 F4i she's a great bike
(she's bog standard no mods wotsoever ) well apart from being lowered lol

im finding lately id really like more well oooomph

i was told change the sprockets ???
advice on whats the best way to go about it would be very much appreciated

also wot about braided lines ??
any good ???
would it be worthwhile looking into geting them ??

sori if these are stupid questions i jus thought this wld be d best place to ask

thks in advance

Old 06-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You bought a 600cc inline-4 motorcycle...torque is not a strong point. If you want to shift at 5000 RPMS then get a big twin or v4 something.

Fact is these bikes are fast, and it surprises me to no end that people are let down by the power of a 600 (usually new rider).. Fact is, you have to REV them! That means downshifting, that means being in the right gear coming out of a corner, and it means shifting @ redline when you want to go fast.

If you play around with your sprockets, you can get faster acceleration, but lower top speed, and vice-versa... it depends on your choice.

Braided lines are for the brakes.

It sounds like you're a brand spankin' new rider so my recommendation is KEEP RIDING and try to get on the track as soon as you are confident enough. It is at the track where you will learn how to make your bike go fast(er). Keep in mind this bike is capable of doing a 1/4 mile run in 10seconds or so...faster than 99% of the cars out there - ya just use the power correctly, and it'll make you a better rider in the end, as opposed to starting out on a big CC/torque bike which will just make you a lazy rider/shifter.

Last edited by madman; 06-07-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:59 PM

Yep. Changing the sprockets will give you that "oomph" off the line you're looking for. Also agreeing with madman here: the f4i's redline is at 14.5k for a reason. Bring it up past 10k and I hope that's enough to satisfy your oomph needs. <:0)

If that's not enough, then I'd go for sprockets.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by madman
You bought a 600cc inline-4 motorcycle...torque is not a strong point. If you want to shift at 5000 RPMS then get a big twin or v4 something.

Fact is these bikes are fast, and it surprises me to no end that people are let down by the power of a 600 (usually new rider).. Fact is, you have to REV them! That means downshifting, that means being in the right gear coming out of a corner, and it means shifting @ redline when you want to go fast.

If you play around with your sprockets, you can get faster acceleration, but lower top speed, and vice-versa... it depends on your choice.

Braided lines are for the brakes.

It sounds like you're a brand spankin' new rider so my recommendation is KEEP RIDING and try to get on the track as soon as you are confident enough. It is at the track where you will learn how to make your bike go fast(er). Keep in mind this bike is capable of doing a 1/4 mile run in 10seconds or so...faster than 99% of the cars out there - ya just use the power correctly, and it'll make you a better rider in the end, as opposed to starting out on a big CC/torque bike which will just make you a lazy rider/shifter.

thanks very much for your advice

well ive been on bikes for years but never picked up the courage to ask questions

actually i did a trackday on an R6 last friday so i noticed quite a difference when i got back on the cbr6f
had spoken to some of the lads an it was sprockets they advised

i was askin about braided lines as my back brakes felt so soft on d cbr just wanted to make sure if it was a gud idea r not

im goin back on d track ( all goin well in a mths time )
ill take ur advice and learn to make the most of the bike mabye i was being lazy wen i had d power

Old 06-07-2011, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by yunebug
Yep. Changing the sprockets will give you that "oomph" off the line you're looking for. Also agreeing with madman here: the f4i's redline is at 14.5k for a reason. Bring it up past 10k and I hope that's enough to satisfy your oomph needs. <:0)

If that's not enough, then I'd go for sprockets.
thks ive gota change chain n sprockets soon anyway is it beter to go smaller on front or larger on back or does it not make much difference either way ??

Old 06-07-2011, 07:14 PM

As for ss lines, always recommended. You'll love the consistent feel of the brakes, no matter when and where.

As for sprockets, -1 front and +2 rear should give you all the oomph you'll need. Your top speed will decrease but hey - when was the last time you were running down the highway at 900mph? ;0)

Old 06-07-2011, 07:24 PM

As for ss lines, always recommended. You'll love the consistent feel of the brakes, no matter when and where.

As for sprockets, -1 front and +2 rear should give you all the oomph you'll need. Your top speed will decrease but hey - " when was the last time you were running down the highway at 900mph?" ;0)
very good point

theres not very many highways where i live lol ever heard of kinsale ???

-1 +2 it is then :-)

think i will go for d braided lines too kinda feeling like ive gota ram on d brakes at d mo ..... doesnt make me feel confident tbh :O

Old 06-07-2011, 07:34 PM

No, but I've always wanted to visit Ireland. :0) I hear the pubs are fantastic.

Be careful on the throttle now - nice and easy to get the hang of the pull at first.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:45 PM

No, but I've always wanted to visit Ireland. :0) I hear the pubs are fantastic.

Be careful on the throttle now - nice and easy to get the hang of the pull at first.
ya gota go to d local pubs to get the real atmosphere

if ya ever this way feel free to pm ill tell ya where's good ta go !

i promise to b carefull gota get control right for the next trackday

thks a mill

Old 06-07-2011, 07:49 PM

Anytime. Cheers!

Quick Reply: More Torque Advice ??