F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

More Torque Advice ??

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 11:20 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha hope I didn't offend then...just that the thread title was for more torque and you mentioned braided lines...

Anyway some new pads will do ya a world of difference as well. Some people also like to pop in a better MC.

Here's a good link to figure out what kinda gearing change you'd like Gearing Commander: Motorcycle Speed, RPM, Chain & Sprockets Calculator

Old 06-08-2011, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by madman
Haha hope I didn't offend then...just that the thread title was for more torque and you mentioned braided lines...

Anyway some new pads will do ya a world of difference as well. Some people also like to pop in a better MC.

Here's a good link to figure out what kinda gearing change you'd like Gearing Commander: Motorcycle Speed, RPM, Chain & Sprockets Calculator
none taken wotsoever

thks a mill for the advice and the link ive bookmarked it there

ive had bikes for a while but only just starting to trust myself to do any of the work lol

had heard mixed opinions about the braided lines thats why i was asking about them think i might try them n see

Old 06-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Banned

It's gonna make a bigger difference in bikes with lines that have deteriorated some. It may be more important for you to have a consistent feel especially at the track when the brakes are constantly being used..if you've noticed your braking becoming spongier through the session, this may be something to consider.

For most people a fresh set of good pads and fresh synthetic DOT4 will be more than you'll ever need, but on the track, it's gonna be a personal preference thing. You could go all out of course and get a used radial MC (or Brembo), SS lines, Race pads, wavy rotors, adjustable levers and I'm not sure if there is any monoblock type of upgrade for the calipers.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by madman
It's gonna make a bigger difference in bikes with lines that have deteriorated some. It may be more important for you to have a consistent feel especially at the track when the brakes are constantly being used..if you've noticed your braking becoming spongier through the session, this may be something to consider.

For most people a fresh set of good pads and fresh synthetic DOT4 will be more than you'll ever need, but on the track, it's gonna be a personal preference thing. You could go all out of course and get a used radial MC (or Brembo), SS lines, Race pads, wavy rotors, adjustable levers and I'm not sure if there is any monoblock type of upgrade for the calipers.
hmmm ok ill go with new pads n -1f+2b sprockets n new chain n take it from there

theres race pads on d trackbike which is prob why d brakes on d cbr felt so soft after
it was a bit of a shock to the system lol

well last fri was my very first trackday so ive LOTS to learn itll prob take another few sessions b4 i stop being obsessed my geting my lines right haha

im looking forward to seeing how d cbr will run with the changes

sound