F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

MAJOR Dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 11:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MAJOR Dilemma

The wedding and the honeymoon do NOT make a marrige. A week after the honeymoon is over you won't be able to remember everything you even did. I realize you love your girl and want the best for her( who wouldn't), but goin for a weekend to a NICE hotel in your area gives you the same thing as goin to Hawaii. Besides if you have to sell the bike in order to go, you can't afford it anyway. NEVER start off your marrige broke. That comes from experience, My wife and I are still married after fourteen years, but it is always a struggle. Just my .02. Good luck with the wedding by the way.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:26 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

sell the bike your getting married you'll have kids soon you dont need another one till your ready again anyway. you'll find out being happy with her is as fun as the bike.

or she breaks up with you and you can buy a new bike either way

Old 04-30-2008, 02:13 PM

Definitely a tough call - personally I'd do anything for my girlfriend, but she happens to LOVE going for rides with me so she would want me to sell my truck / video games / computers / etc. WAY before selling my bike.

Personally, I'd keep the bike and look for other ways to make some extra income, there is always opportunity out there - even getting "free" stuff from craigslist and then turning it for a profit on e-bay... $5 here and $10 there really adds up if you have the time and effort to do something like that...

Old 04-30-2008, 02:53 PM

I say sell your car and keep the bike. Then everybody wins.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:22 PM

Something that has always been in the back of my mind.....

Assuming you plan on having kids or just really love your soon to be wife. Getting rid of the bike and not getting another one is also an option although some might veiw it as extreme. I LOVE riding, but I also love my girlfriend. I have already come to terms with myself that when I get married I will sell my bike and part with riding for good. As much as I would like to believe that riding is not dangerous, I could be killed in the blink of an eye leaving behind fatherless children and a burdened, mourning wife. I live a life of risks...the more you risk the more you reap, but i won't gamble with the ones I love and are most important to me.

Like I said, its a little extreme, but another option. Take this as you will.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:52 PM

Sell it. The wife is more important than a machine. You can always get another machine and your wife deserves it. How would you feel if she kept some stupid purse instead of doing something special that you really cared about? The choice is easy.

Old 04-30-2008, 08:47 PM

If the wedding is far enough off, just save your cash like a SOB. I would hope that in 2 months you could put together like 3 grand which should (with some shopping around) buy a great honeymoon. Sell everything else you own on craigslist just don't sell the bike!

Old 05-01-2008, 12:40 AM

tell her you will sell, but she has to buy you an RR next time around

Old 05-01-2008, 12:44 AM

^^ Agree, and you should sell my firend your F4i, he's considering F4i if the price is right =P

Old 05-01-2008, 01:42 AM

ORIGINAL: SeattleSy#1255

Sell it. The wife is more important than a machine. You can always get another machine and your wife deserves it. How would you feel if she kept some stupid purse instead of doing something special that you really cared about? The choice is easy.
Agreed..

Quick Reply: MAJOR Dilemma