F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Lowered my F4i and I love it

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 05:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lowered my F4i and I love it

everything is always an argument, if they feel the bike handles better to them, then it probably does, everyone is different, cough cough... blackdog

Old 09-30-2006, 01:34 PM

For confidence inspiring, there's nothing better than lowering the bike. my wife and her friend were both about to give up riding, until they shaved their seat, and they're now riding regularly. It's hard for us who are comfortable on the bike as is, to understand what it's like to not be able to touch the ground, or to be afraid of dropping the bike when coming to a stop. I can sympathize some, but I know even I can not relate fully.

I think it's pretty decided that the stock height is better than lowering it, but it's a trade off, and I know the fear of dropping the bike is a HUGE impediment, so I am apt to think it's a good trade for most who need it.

Old 09-30-2006, 11:54 PM

Lowered my bike and it rides fine.

Old 10-02-2006, 02:03 AM

ORIGINAL: Ocelaris

For confidence inspiring, there's nothing better than lowering the bike. my wife and her friend were both about to give up riding, until they shaved their seat, and they're now riding regularly. It's hard for us who are comfortable on the bike as is, to understand what it's like to not be able to touch the ground, or to be afraid of dropping the bike when coming to a stop. I can sympathize some, but I know even I can not relate fully.

I think it's pretty decided that the stock height is better than lowering it, but it's a trade off, and I know the fear of dropping the bike is a HUGE impediment, so I am apt to think it's a good trade for most who need it.
shaving the seat doesn't affect the geometry of the bike, so I highly recommend that to anyone considering lowering their bike

I've never been comfortable with the height of my bike, especially after I raised it so yes I can very well sympathize with them and I know myself and blackdog stated that its fine for commuting
I was responding to the claims that it improved handling, there is a BIG difference between knowing your not going to drop the bike and actual handling two TOTALLY different things