F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

low side, got no headlights

Old 10-02-2010, 11:12 PM
Default low side, got no headlights

not sure what the problem is. had a low side making left turn under 15 mph. no real damage that i could see besides clutch lever bent up and scratched fairings, but headlights and maybe gauge lights (not 100% sure) wont come on. cant take fairings off til tomorrow to look at it better, but any ideas what it might be? maybe a connector came loose? thanks.

Old 10-02-2010, 11:32 PM

check your fuses under seat first, then connections 2nd.

Old 10-02-2010, 11:36 PM

forgot to put in first post, but turn and brake lights do work. will check tomorrow iJapanesey. starter switch did feel funny though.

Old 10-03-2010, 12:07 AM

Yeah I think turn signals and brake lights are different fuses, so def check under your seat for that. You may have to unscrew the on/off switch to make sure things didn't get jammed when it went down. But that wouldn't have anything to do with the lights, unless it sent a short.

PS- if your gauge lights are out too, check the connector right under your lights

Last edited by iJapanesey; 10-03-2010 at 12:10 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: low side, got no headlights

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.