F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Looking to buy bike that was dropped need help***

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 10:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy bike that was dropped need help***

Heres what i know about the bike...Let me know what you think and if theres anything you think i should ask or check plz let me know
Again I thank you all for taking your time to help me out THANKS!!!

1999 Honda CBR 600 F4 for sale. $2500 firm. 12,401 mi. Clean title and well taken care of. Garage kept. Serviced at the beginning of every season. Bike was down, and almost all damaged parts where replaced, except the tank(dented) and seat cover(small spot of rash). The bike has been painted Satin Black with a polished frame (Originally Red & Black). Has an Erion slip-on with factory matched DynoJet jet kit. New F4i wheels with Dunlop D208's, tires in good condition. Harris Performance Technaflo Double Bubble windscreen in Mercury Chrome.

Michael,[/align]Replaced items: all of the plastic, headlight,forks, right clip-on, rear subframe, front brake lever, windscreen, and all neccessary components for the F4i wheels, including bushings, bearings, axles, rotors, cush drive, etc.I'm not sure what you consider a tune up, but I do all the maintenance on the bike myself, oil is changed annually with Pro Honda GN4 oil and Honda filters. Around 8,000 mi I replaced the air filterandspark plugs, that is also when I jetted the carbs, and added the Erion Slip-on.I also have the factory needles, springs, jets, and exhaust if you would want those. Not positive about the tire as I am at work now, but I'm pretty sure there's around 40% tread left. If you have any other questions, let me know![/align][/align]Thanks,[/align]Chad[/align][/align]

Old 02-15-2008, 11:25 AM
Default RE: Looking to buy bike that was dropped need help***

personally i'd save your pennies for somethign newer and better. buying a used bike that was wrecked is kindof like raw-******* a prostitute. you never know what you're going to get from it. but if you have to get this bike, make sure it's inspected before you even THINK about it unless you just need it for parts.

you can get an early f4i pretty cheap by now btw.

Old 02-15-2008, 12:00 PM

yeah im definatley gona have to go w/ ace on this one.....the bike looks beat up, and for 2500 i am positive you can find something better......that bike at most is worth id say 2000 if that......

Don't be too hasty when buyin a bike, a lot of people that I know have done that, including me, and gotten royally screwed in the end, just be careful, if you aren't sure about your skills as a mechanic or as a buyer, there is absoltely no harm in takin the bike to a shop and havin them check it out....better to spend 100 bucks on their word that everything is good, than spend 3000 on something that isn't ...........just my two cents......

I wish you well in your bike buying endevours, definatley don't be afraid to post up and ask questions......

Old 02-15-2008, 12:52 PM

yeah dude i was just on craigslist a couple weeks ago and there was a 03 f4i 5000 miles on it never down really never rode and the chick wanted 3500 for it so if you keep your eyes open you will come across a better deal

Old 02-15-2008, 07:22 PM

I'd agree with everybody. I bought my F4i from a fella who posted on CraigsList. 01 F4i for 2700 lightly scratched fairings, 15,000 miles, pipe, filter yada yada yada you get the point right? Newer fuel injected bike with a few scratches and a bunch of aftermarket stuff that runs and drives fantabulously lol. I'd say pass on that F4.

edit: (not meaning to be negative agains F4s just that one)

Old 02-15-2008, 07:29 PM

Yea you will spend a lot more fixing that junk up then to buy one at aprice a little higher. Also go with F4i, fuel injected is the shiznit.