F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

A little fender eliminator/chain conversion help?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little fender eliminator/chain conversion help?

So I got my tax return and decided to start working on my bike a bit. I got a speedo healer, a Power Commander and just scored a D&D satin black exhaust slip on new in the box for $230 shipped off Ebay. The last two things I really want to do are the sprocket/chain and the fender eliminator.

Im a little bit confused though with these two things. I'm not a mechanical person when it comes to bikes, I know how they work and such, but modifications are a new animal to me. I was wondering if anyone out there would mind kind of walking me through my choices a bit. What I mean by that is maybe directing me to a sprocket package that works for my 01' F4i. I want to go 1 tooth down up front and two up on the back, but I get confused with the pages out there offering kits and I worry ill get the wrong package. I figure I am looking at around $200 for the chain and sprokets, is that about right? I'm not picky on brand because from what I read on here all are honestly good its just preference. I also noticed the other day while lubing my chain that it is a DID chain...that isn't the stock chain is it?

As for unertails, it seems like the only two out there are the hotbodies one with the two round lights in the back and one that uses the stock light. I have an aftermarket light that has integrated blinkers and I really like it. Can anyone post a URL of where you may have had good luck buying that particular undertail or if you know of other styles avaliable I'd like to hear about em.

Anyway I'm off to work here shortly, thanks for any help or imput you guys can give me.

P.S. I know theres a few women, particularly mothers who ride F4i's, happy Mothers day.