F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Listen to this...(well, read this)

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Listen to this...(well, read this)

ORIGINAL: Squarebaj
"But I do have to know, how did you get that pic of him and did he know you took it?"

Haha, I found that on google. It's not mine, I should have clarified. I just thought it was funny. SORRY!!!

Old 09-08-2007, 08:13 PM

being a rider, I can understand the feeling of being a target to cops...being a cop, I can understand the perspective of doing your job and trying to keep riders/drivers safe. The only thing I think I've learned from this thread so far is this...Moto, you are an ***. I can appreciate that not everyone likes the police, but I find it hard to believe that anyone can go through life without needing a cop once or twice. And when you're in that situation, I doubt those of you haters would tell the cop he sucks while he's pulling you from a wreck, locking up the guy who robbed you or delivering your wife's baby.

CRBNFBR...sorry this particular cop was a bit of a jerk, I agree with you, probably doesn't ride. I pull guys over on bikes for things like this all the time, but with a legit reason for the action and proof of proper licensing, I send them off with a be safe and have a nice day. But I do have to know, how did you get that pic of him and did he know you took it?
+1 to all of that.

I along with every other officerin this forumput on a badge and gun everyday to protect the VERY SAME people that live by thesaying "**** da po-lice!" So to anyone who thinks that "cops suck", try to remember that the next time you NEED one to save your life, a family member's life, etc...And when that does happen, Ipromise that you won't be on here telling eveyone how much you appreciate what thatofficer did for you and what they dofor youeveryday, even though you might not see it.

Yes, i do agree he was a bit too rough on you, (a simple verbal warning would have been ideal probably)but here's something to consider: Like you said, you are driving a little red police magnet. To people that don't ride, just riding down the street at a normalpace looks like you are driving erratically. So when you make the slightest aggressive move, it just sets people who don't ride off. Especiallycops who don't ride. My advice, try to bea bit more aware of your surroundings (trucks tailgating, cops in traffic behind you while swerving in and out of traffic, etc... ). Just my $.02

Old 09-09-2007, 10:18 AM

Thanks guys, I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who thinks he was a bit of a jerk. It helps to hear opinions from real police officers that ride. Nonetheless, what it all comes down to is this, I was speeding and that's all he ticketed me for. So it's a good thing I didn't do a wheelie or something, haha...
[sm=thanx.gif]

Old 09-09-2007, 06:01 PM

Exactly. It is good to see that you are actually adult enough to admit that you were wrong (even though someone else waswrong as well)and to just move on with it. Remember, it could always be worse!

Old 09-09-2007, 06:28 PM

how did you get that pic of him and did he know you took it?
haha...did you notice that he lives in maine and the liscence on the cop car is a cali plate?

i agree though that he was a little too harsh on you...did you try explaining to him that you felt you were being tailgated? you did exactly the correct thing in a situation when you feel tailgated...pulled over and let him pass, you could have brake checked him, flipped him off, or took off at 130mph...but you didnt...

although as you said you were speeding and you did get ticketed for it...although, just for the sake of not having to pay for it and not getting points(if they do that in maine), i would fight it...with the info about the truck and tell them you think you did the correct thing...with any luck the cop just wont show

good luck

Old 09-09-2007, 06:41 PM

Good advice...

Old 09-09-2007, 09:32 PM

ORIGINAL: ikhoudvanu199

how did you get that pic of him and did he know you took it?
haha...did you notice that he lives in maine and the liscence on the cop car is a cali plate?
How can you read Cali on the plate? That is an Ontario Provincial Police officer (O.P.P) in Canada. I can see the OPP crest on his right sleeve and gold and blue stripe on the Crown Vic.

Old 09-09-2007, 11:21 PM

I'm down with OPP...I'm gonna try to get a pic next time I get pulled over.