F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Listen to this...(well, read this)

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 09:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Listen to this...(well, read this)

So I'm merging onto a highway (speed limit's 55mph) behind about 8 cars that are going 35mph. You all have seen the 1/2 mile long V of yellow lines that help you merge. Well I had a pretty large pick-up tailgating me making me a little nervous, and there were no cars coming so I merged early and passed all of the accelerating cars; hoping to lose the a**hole. I got up to about 68-69 and noticed he was still right behind me. So once I was passed all of the slowpokes, I moved over and he blew by me. Then I see a cop in my mirror and just smile. I'm thinking "right on, go get 'em". HE PULLS IN BEHIND ME [sm=WTFsgign.gif]. I'm confused, but what can I do. He gives ME a ticket for speeding. To top it all off and make me feel better, he denied any sight of the tailgating F350. He says to me "I have a 1000RR, and your bike isn't as fast as mine, but it's still pretty fast. From one biker to another, I just want you to be safe".

My answer to that is this:
He does not have a 1000RR, and he doesn't even ride. If he did ride, he would have pulled the a**hole over because he would have been thinking of my safety. I may not have a wicked expensive or extreme race bike, but mine is pretty sick nonetheless. He was jealous of me, and had to lie to one-up me. I assumed when I saw the lights that he was pulling over the truck, but I forgot THEY'RE NOT ON MY SIDE.

Anybody else have jealousy problems like this with the police?? *And any of you officers that do ride, this is not a police-hater post.*

Old 09-07-2007, 10:00 AM
Default RE: Listen to this...(well, read this)

ORIGINAL: CRBNFBR
To top it all off and make me feel better, he denied any sight of the tailgating F350.
Why complain? The guy caries about you more and wants you to be more safe than a truck driver. It's so good to have police that care about bikers. LTP!!! (lovethepolice)

Old 09-07-2007, 10:00 AM

I say take him to court. If you felt your safety was in jeopardy, you may be able to plead that in court and get a lesser or no ticket. Knowing specifics like the color of the truck and exactly what happened minute for minute will help you. I would have done the same thing to get away from someone who was tailgating like that.

Old 09-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Banned

If there was a truck, he would have seen it. If he saw it and it passed you he gave you a ticket for one of two reasons.

1) he is a dick that hates bikes
2) he is a dick that loves trucks.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:09 PM

You were speeding and his job is to pull you over for breaking the law. Stop whinning like a little bitch because you got caught. Even if he was tailgating you still crossed the yellow line and merged early endangering more than just yourself. Just because he rides a motorcycle doesn't mean he should let you off with a warning or put his job or others live in jeopardy.

Old 09-07-2007, 04:20 PM

cops suck

Old 09-08-2007, 12:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Triax

Stop whinning like a little bitch because you got caught.
ouch! such harsh words...

Old 09-08-2007, 12:43 AM

being a rider, I can understand the feeling of being a target to cops...being a cop, I can understand the perspective of doing your job and trying to keep riders/drivers safe. The only thing I think I've learned from this thread so far is this...Moto, you are an ***. I can appreciate that not everyone likes the police, but I find it hard to believe that anyone can go through life without needing a cop once or twice. And when you're in that situation, I doubt those of you haters would tell the cop he sucks while he's pulling you from a wreck, locking up the guy who robbed you or delivering your wife's baby.

CRBNFBR...sorry this particular cop was a bit of a jerk, I agree with you, probably doesn't ride. I pull guys over on bikes for things like this all the time, but with a legit reason for the action and proof of proper licensing, I send them off with a be safe and have a nice day. But I do have to know, how did you get that pic of him and did he know you took it?

Old 09-08-2007, 01:59 PM

Do the crime=Pay the fine.

Old 09-08-2007, 06:13 PM

fishfryer527: I think it might be a mix of both. Haha...

Triax: That was a waste of a post. If you have a story or a reply it's one thing, but don't call names like a middle-schooler.

Squarebaj: I completely agree with you. I have cooled down since that night, haha. I honestly have nothing against the average police officer. And I certainly don't think cops "suck". I think men who abuse their power of authority are arrogant f*cks. I very much appreciate the work the men and women wearing badges do to keep you and I safe. I just am having a hard time getting used to the large red magnet I am riding. It's attracting attention from the wrong people, haha.

Quick Reply: Listen to this...(well, read this)