F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

LETS SEE YOUR BIKE, ANY F4I OWNER COME INSIDE

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 11:49 AM
July 2008 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dans03f4i
ars1986, I liked your bike alot more witht the original graphics and paint scheme. Not that the orange is bad, but when I see bikes repainted like that I always think they've been crashed and repainted.
Which must suck for you, because that's an incredibly common thing in the sport bike community. Bikes fall, they get ugly (without affecting performance), and they're expensive to put back to stock.

Besides, custom bikes are sexy

Old 02-14-2010, 03:19 PM

I love it, can i have it?

Old 02-14-2010, 07:58 PM

it would have been cheaper to spray you bike white other then orange

Old 02-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow.. the white one looks sick!!! I like the orange too...

As a buyer I might also think there might have been a reason that the bike was resprayed... but then again who customizes their bike with the intent of selling it?

Enjoy what you have...
Adam

Old 02-14-2010, 10:28 PM
July 2008 ROTM

dans03f4i is correct, though - if a bike is resprayed something other than some insane show-quality paint job on a trailer-queen show bike, it typically means it has been down. Mine has (and has a salvage title). But it doesn't mean my bike is by any means in poor shape. Quite the opposite, in fact.

Just have to know what to look for. Pretty easy to spot a bike that's been beaten to shreds, even if it has a fancy new paint job.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by purpleslug
it would have been cheaper to spray you bike white other then orange
had a friend paint it for me for FREE. so all i had to do was buy the supplies. it came out to be around $350

Old 02-15-2010, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Aken
Just have to know what to look for. Pretty easy to spot a bike that's been beaten to shreds, even if it has a fancy new paint job.
LOL!!! Yeah, like my bike, but it was mostly cosmetic stuff and some wire cutting. You can still get it back to good - I could afford this bike, plus I love working on them, so it wasn't a big deal that this one needed some TLC. I'll also know this baby in-n-out when I'm done, and it will be mine (as in have the stuff I like on it).

Old 02-15-2010, 01:01 PM

Custom paint or aftermarket body work seems to always make folks think a bike has been down. It may be a reason to look closely, but not a reason to write a bike off. Actually, a pristine looking bike could have hidden damage. Anyway, don't expect a used bike to be perfect. If you want perfect, buy new.

As for the "orange" or "white" discussion, the colors look good, but I would break it up with some graphics or stripes for contrast. Something as simple as just adding the Honda wing emblem to the tank and maybe the CBR, 600 F4i, decals could work wonders in the right contrasting color. They can be found aftermarket for more reasonable prices than the factory decals. Like here.

Last edited by backroad; 02-15-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:00 PM

dans03f4i is correct, though - if a bike is resprayed something other than some insane show-quality paint job on a trailer-queen show bike, it typically means it has been down. Mine has (and has a salvage title). But it doesn't mean my bike is by any means in poor shape. Quite the opposite, in fact.

mine was never down just didnt like the red and black look. so i just repainted it.

Name:  100_0319.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  126.5 KB

ars1986:

yeah my paint alone was $400 tri stage white with a 6 layers of silver pearl. but i had a friend spray mine also so didnt need to pay a **** load to get it done.

Old 02-15-2010, 05:30 PM

Which must suck for you, because that's an incredibly common thing in the sport bike community. Bikes fall, they get ugly (without affecting performance), and they're expensive to put back to stock.

Besides, custom bikes are sexy
Sorry, but I fail to see how that "Sucks for me". My f4i has been down multiple times (low speed and high speed) and I've still managed to retain the OEM fairings, albeit they are a bit dinged up. Also, I said the orange scheme on ars bike wasn't bad, I just favored the original graphics. His red/black f4i was one of the finer examples I've seen, and thats an opinion formed on the one picture of it he had posted. I agree with you that customs are sexy, and I've long admired your white scheme bike with all the killer mods you've done. I was simply stating that when a bike like that is repainted to a one color flat finish, it raises questions. Both of your bikes are gorgeous though, I was simply relating something I've observed from my expierence.

Quick Reply: LETS SEE YOUR BIKE, ANY F4I OWNER COME INSIDE