F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

K&N or NOT???

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 06:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&N or NOT???

So i remeber hearing someone was going to test to see if the K&N really adds or makes you lose horsepower, but whatever happened to that? I want to know and if i had time to get to a dyno i would be doing it.

Old 09-21-2005, 07:44 PM
Default RE: K&N or NOT???

The general idea is the K&N filters allow the same air flow as stock filters but you only need to by one K&N filter for life so it saves $$$$££££`s and when i changed the filter from stock the air intake roar sounded louder and nicer.

Old 09-22-2005, 01:30 AM

thing is without remapping you fi it could pose some problems. i was avised against it since there would be no fi changes. it could bring a little more but without a remapping its not going to produce a noticable amount more...
if i get the ambition to pick up a powercommander then i would consider a K&N

but this was just advice coming form my parts guy, who knows his way around an engine or two...

Old 09-22-2005, 05:51 AM

actually K&N is bad for any motor you put it on. There are test results on here or cbrworld.net one of the two that has an actual study that they did on all the air filters you can buy. Believe it or not K&N came almost dead last. I'll tell you why, its because yes you get more power possibly but thats only because it lets in a greater amount of air. This causes more dirt to enter the motor and over time destroying esential parts of the motor because of the increase of dirt being circulated throughout the motor. Number one on the list was AC Delco air filter, may not last as long, may seem its not the best cause its cheap, but sure as hell makes sure your motor is running clean for a long time to come.