F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Just bought this f4i. minor body problems.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just bought this f4i. minor body problems.

I'm actually thinking of it. the fairings are filled with bondo and all that. it might be worht just getting new side fairings and paint it. $200 for paint

Old 11-04-2008, 03:18 PM

nicecycle.com has better fairings than ebay...were trying to make one of the f3 guys test them out...lol

Old 11-04-2008, 04:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Rainier

I'm actually thinking of it. the fairings are filled with bondo and all that. it might be worht just getting new side fairings and paint it. $200 for paint
Before investing in a new set of plastics, I would make the following recommendation: since you already have factory fairings on the bike, go through now and replace all your missing hardware. I noticed a lot of missing bolts from your fairings. This gives you a chance to make sure that all the support bracketry is straight, all your threads are clean, and that you don't run into any additional surprises when you switch out to new plastics.

I know it sucks spending a bunch of money on parts that don't give you much "bang for the buck" but the alternative is ending up with a fancy new set of fairings that get mangled during installation because the support infrastructure for the plastics isn't right.

Marshall's hardware in Miramar is your friend. You can find replacement hardware there and save a bit over OEM prices. beyond that, check out hondaparts-direct.com, they seem to have really good prices on OEM bits.

good luck

the blonde weasel

Old 11-04-2008, 09:58 PM

i've got a full box of F3 fairing bolts and random bolts from that bike since i took off the fairigns when i crashed it.

the right fairing is FILLED with bondo. i dont even know how its screwed on. of course before ordering anything, i will compare it with my friends f4i, see how the mounting points are etc. i might just get two side fairings, and paint it again. well see, i'm just trying to get the bike back to legal with working signals, headlight, licenseplate light and insurance. all black might be instore for the bike soon. well see.