CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

hey just bought '88 CBR, Hesitation Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 09:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey just bought '88 CBR, Hesitation Problems?

ok i just bought a 1988 CBR 600 F Hurricane, and i have a hesitation problem with it, i go to take off fast or just give her a lot of gas, it tends to hesitate a little before giving back a good power response, kinda stumbling. It also does this sometimes at constant cruise throttle pressure, i'll be cruising along, and it will stumble a little then return back to normal...anyone have solution or a diagnosis as to what is wrong?

Old 10-20-2005, 05:33 PM
Default RE: hey just bought '88 CBR, Hesitation Problems?

I have the same year and it was haveing the same problem when i first got it. All we did was run some seafoam in the gas, changed the plugs and air fillter, and then did a good carb sinck on the carbs. Not only did this take car of the hesitation and stumbeling but it ran like a hole new bike. You might also want to chang your fuel fillter after runing the seafoam as it tends to brake up deposits in the gas tank and traps them in the fillter. Mine was preety nasty.

Old 01-29-2006, 01:39 AM

what are you talking about when you say seafoam? i'm haveing the probblem as i'm riding it tends to give then goes!

Old 04-10-2006, 03:20 AM

Hey Guys, I have a 95 F3 with the same problems. Had it on the dyno, cleaned carbs, checked jetting, all straight still having the stumbling. Got me freakin stumped. Any suggestions?

Old 08-27-2006, 11:20 PM

where can I get the seafoam from?

Old 08-28-2006, 12:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where to Buy SEA FOAM

Sea Foam is not sold online, but we would be happy to help you locate your nearest dealer. Please email us your address at customerservice@seafoamsales.com.
SEA FOAM can be found in many of the following auto parts stores:

ABC Auto Parts
Advance Auto Parts
Auto Value
Bumper to Bumper
CARQUEST Auto Parts
Midway Auto Supply
NAPA Auto Parts
O'Reilly Auto Parts
Parts Plus
PEPBOYS Auto
Pronto Auto Parts

Source:
http://www.seafoamsales.com/buy.htm

Old 08-31-2006, 12:24 AM

i have an 87 hurricane cbr 600 and i had the same problem but i also had some popping problems when i would take off. i put new plugs and bought a k&n air filter and then i took the carbs off my bike and popped open the donut covers and cleaneds the jets. WOW one heck of difference with just cleaning the jets. try that i know it'lll help. plus easy job to do. goodluck.

Old 08-31-2006, 03:34 AM

after running the bike for a while pull the side panel off and feel the fuel pump. see if it is hot.also check the fuel lines for kinks,air filter clean? pulling the plugs will tell ya alot.but the fuel pumps are known to fail. keep me posted i have the same bike and have worked on everything. i fix em til they are broke.

Old 09-10-2006, 07:19 PM

Streetneon, Your problem is not dirty jets, carbs that need seafoam. Do not even waste your time with any of those SOLUTIONS. Trust me your bike has had a jet kit installed in it. The problem being your needle is set on the wrong notch, they set the needle on the lowest clip, meaning the richest setting, making your bike stumble at constant cruising or full throttle spurts to accelerate. You need to adjust the needle setting to the middle notch. Believe me it will run like a top. Trust the mechanic who rides, not the rider who wants to be a mechanic. Let me know how you make out. Kyle.

Old 09-10-2006, 07:49 PM

Kcity, what needle are you speaking of? I would like to know so I can fix the same problem on my bike as well.

Quick Reply: hey just bought '88 CBR, Hesitation Problems?