F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Jardine slip-op

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 08:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hondajunkie
I can vouch for the sound......aluminum standard mount,street baffle.
Slightly thoaty but not loud @ idle..at mid to high rpm has a higher pitched shriek that I like. Not as deep sounding as say a Two Bros. but quieter. Its great for street riding because its loud enough to hear but not too loud to where everyone around can hear you coming.
As a matter of fact, friends riding behind me often tell me they can barely hear my bike until I get on it.
For the money the pipe is great...I think I paid $250 to the door for it 6 years ago.
Yup I loooove the sound of mine. It's not obnoxiously loud but definitely loud enough when you get on it, and it has a nice sound to it as well.

Old 02-18-2010, 07:28 PM

I'm almost thinking it's not loud enough now....you all can understand why i'm taking my time and completely investigating before purchasing....one comment about how it's hardly loud @ idle makes me think twice...d n d is to loud and i do like the appearance of the jardine----damn wish i could hear the jardine in person!!!

Old 02-18-2010, 07:38 PM

I had a Jardine low mount with the race core. Not too loud.....let's just say it sounded nice. Then I went to a Hindle hi mount with an oval can. It has a slightly deeper and slightly louder sound than the Jardine at idle and lower revs. At hi rpm, it is loud with a race bike scream. Not as loud as D&D though. I think D&D's sound obnoxious no matter what the RPM. Also, the Hindle hi mount doesn't have the big kink in the mid pipe, so you won't get the HP loss that a Jardine hi mount is known for. Stick with the Jardine or check out the Hindle oval cans. You'll like them and your neighbors won't hate you as long as you don't nail it until you're out of the neighborhood.

Last edited by backroad; 02-18-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:46 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VTcbr
I'm almost thinking it's not loud enough now....you all can understand why i'm taking my time and completely investigating before purchasing....one comment about how it's hardly loud @ idle makes me think twice...d n d is to loud and i do like the appearance of the jardine----damn wish i could hear the jardine in person!!!
Trust me,the pipe is loud enough.....you'll definitely be able to hear it though your helmet...its not as quite as a stocker,believe me. It's just not near as loud as a Dumb & Dumber.
Tell you what....This weekend is the bike show in Chicago.....so I'll be all biked up so to speak.
I'll fire up my bike on Sat. and shoot a video for you so that you can hear it, that way you can decide.
Sound good to you?

Old 02-19-2010, 01:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

VTcbr - I have no issue with the Jardine pipe. It was one of the first mods I made for my 2000 F4. It has a great sound to it. It made such an impression on me that I got a carbon fiber pipe for my 03 600RR and just love it. The pipe is not going to set off alarms like some pipes, but you will ahve no issue hearing it when you crack it open. The nice thing about the pipe is it looks good, sounds good, but is not nearly as expensive as some other pipes.

Old 02-19-2010, 03:22 AM

Honda junkie a clip would be more than excellent but from the clips i've seen in the past it's really hard to tell. See, i like the sound of a 2 bros but dislike the appearance....i kind of wish the jardine had the 2 bros sound to it because i like the appearance of the jardine pipe but collectively you're selling me on a jardine. Who here has heard a devil pipe?

Old 02-19-2010, 09:24 AM

I have the Jardine RT-1 and its an amazing exhaust. love mine. nice and deep!

Old 02-19-2010, 09:55 AM

Two Bros hands down. I checkef on youtube and like you said didnt do much justice. Went with the carbon fiber one and I couldnt be happier. Have heard other f4is and didnt sound as great...they had a yoshi, and d and d

Old 02-19-2010, 11:25 AM

It'd loud enough at idle, I think most people are just saying it's not that loud because they're comparing it to the obnoxious pipes. I like the way it sounds idling

Old 02-19-2010, 08:19 PM

IMO d n d are annoying flat out!

Yoshi's aren't loud enough-they're more or less a babay step above the stock pipe.

I haven't personally heard the Jardine that's why i'm reluctant but i do indeed like the looks of it.

I'm not a fan of the 2 bros appearance but the sound of it is appealing.

anymore input would be great---big decision here fellas!!!!

Quick Reply: Jardine slip-op