F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Jardine...good or bad?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 11:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jardine...good or bad?

I currently have a Jardine slipon pipe which came with my bike. I do not see too much talk about this pipe and am wondering if it is any good. The sound is ok, but think it could be better. Now I have been to the site that has all the exaust sounds and prefer the sound of a Hindle like on PitbullF4i bike. Is there any performance gain I could get from switching pipes. Also is there any benefit to having a highmount exaust other than the cool looks? Also could I mount a high mount on a 2004 with keeping the passenger pegs? I am wondering this because I am considering doing some serious work to it next season. I want to do my homework per say before I even think about what to order and then how to do it. By the way PitbullF4i...nice F'n bike.

Old 08-03-2006, 11:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jardine...good or bad?

Jardine is a pretty well known pipe and a Sponsor of the American Honda Superbike and Formula Xtreme teams.

Slip-ons will all give pretty much the same gains. The biggest advantage of a Slip-on is better sound and less weight. Ground clearance is the only advantage of a high mount, but most aftermarket slip-ons will have you decking out the fairings before the pipe.

M4, Devil, and Hindle are three off the top of my head that have high mount pipes that retain the passenger pegs.

I really like my Scorpion Can on Hindle Mid-Pipe. The Scorpion can sounds nice. If I was buying a slip-on now I would probably go with the Two Brothers highmount, or a Devil Shotgun. The Devil Shotgun is badass and not very common. You pay for it though.