F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Integrated tail light dangerous?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 05:16 PM
July 2008 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Clear Alternatives integrated tail light and it's plenty bright with the turn signal. Gotta remember that with the integrated lights, the turn signal doesn't turn off that side's brake light. It just alternates between it. Signal, brake, signal, brake. While the other side stays on full brake. I think it's safe enough. And I've never been rear ended, sooo...

Old 06-12-2009, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Aken
It just alternates between it. Signal, brake, signal, brake. While the other side stays on full brake.
Thanks. Thats what I was looking for.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I picked one up today for around 50 bucks plus tax. I'll post some pics in a couple days.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:50 PM

I hate 'em... My bike came with one and it is a very nice one but the damn thing is impossible to see in bright sunlight. I feel so unsafe, when I get the chance I will add some stalk signals to the integrated.
ALSO---why do people put flush mounts on the front? They are even less noticeable!

Old 06-12-2009, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by TikkiTakki
I hate 'em... My bike came with one and it is a very nice one but the damn thing is impossible to see in bright sunlight. I feel so unsafe, when I get the chance I will add some stalk signals to the integrated.
ALSO---why do people put flush mounts on the front? They are even less noticeable!
That's like asking why do people put license plates on the front of the car? How often does your front signal come into play? At a 4 way stop? Don't be a retard and pull out in front of the oncoming car.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:56 PM

I agree that flush mounts on the front are impossible to see... Hopefully I'll disagree about the integrated tail light.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:24 AM

yea i wondered about this problem too. just pay more attn. and don't expect the driver to notice you. literally signal first, then turn your head and look. or do a brake check few times before actually stop and look in mirrors to check the speeds of whats behind u

Old 06-13-2009, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by teko1020
That's like asking why do people put license plates on the front of the car? How often does your front signal come into play? At a 4 way stop? Don't be a retard and pull out in front of the oncoming car.
Well first off, why do people put license plates on the front of cars....usually because their state requires it and not having one is illegal...

Dude, you cannot tell me that a bike with flush mounts will be as noticeable coming down the road, and possibly turning...as say my bike with always on led stalks....Also, at a 4way stop, when you have noticeable signals that broadcast your intentions then there is less room for confusion between you and other traffic. I will try to find a b4 and after picture of mine and post up!

Old 06-13-2009, 11:12 AM

I bought my bike used with an integrated tail lights and it functions perfectly. It has lights on always(red), when I brake they get very bright(red), my turn signals always flash when they are on(orange). The circular light is split in half one side red on side orange so there is no interference when braking/signaling. I do not know what kit it was but they are out there because I have one.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by TikkiTakki
Dude, you cannot tell me that a bike with flush mounts will be as noticeable coming down the road, and possibly turning...as say my bike with always on led stalks....Also, at a 4way stop, when you have noticeable signals that broadcast your intentions then there is less room for confusion between you and other traffic.
I could ride around with no signals at all and never have any issues. I ride as if I'm invisible (not invincible), like every rider should. If you are in a turn only lane people don't expect you to go straight, your intentions are already known as soon as you get in that lane. And the only possible confusion at a 4 way stop is between you and the car opposite to you. In which case you just don't go turning right in front of them. Like I said, the front signals are only practical in very few situations. I just get tired of people asking "Why?" Because they aren't very practical and the bike looks a whole heck of a lot better without those bulky stock turn signals.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:24 PM
Default Ran into some problems today

As i was connecting the wires today there was suddenly some sparks and a tiny flame that died out soon after. So i put the oem tail light back in to make sure everything was ok but the tail light didn't work at all, including the brake light. Anyone know what I did to my bike? Did i fry something or is it just the bulb? Thank you for not getting off topic.

Also, the plate light stopped working after the mini fireworks. And the red light that usually shows up on the dashboard when i start the bike doesnt come out either. I have a bad feeling about this...

Last edited by thef4i; 06-13-2009 at 07:35 PM. Reason: more info

Quick Reply: Integrated tail light dangerous?