Installed my HID's

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 08:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed my HID's

Here are two crappy cell phone pics!

high beam

low beam

Next mods aren't really mods but I'm trying to get a front and rear stand, Lube the chain and get it registered and insured!!

DDM tuning rocks!!!

Old 03-08-2010, 08:41 PM

Not only are you going to blind everyone and their dog but you might potentially be setting yourself up for an accident. I love HID and put them in everything I own but do it the right way in projectors. Notice how bright the light is even though you are standing high enough with the camera to be out of the beam pattern (or where the beam pattern was before HID). All that light is glare and will be blinding everyone coming towards you. Some people might even stare at the light because its so bright (target fixation) and end up veering towards you.

Looks great but all I can say is HID is meant to be in HID housings. In the f4i's case that means in projectors installed in the headlights. I have had HID from DDMtuning sitting around forever but have not put them in yet because I have been waiting on my projectors. They finally showed today so soon I too will be running HID, however, I will not be cursed at by every driver I pass.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:24 PM

wow way to kill the buzz of a new mod..yes theyre bright and yes people may flash their lights at you but its no different than a lifted truck coming at you with reg lights...no one drives into a truck...two cents..looks great many people have them and like the added benefit and style they bring...not trying to start something but to each their own

Old 03-08-2010, 09:43 PM

Looks great, glad u got em in, did the same this past weekend. As far as "blinding" everyone, your single lowbeam will hardly blind, in fact it helps alot more at getting noticed by cagers. Just because they're not in projectors doesn't mean there isnt any benefit to them. My night time visibility has improved by alot and I've gotten no complaints from any drivers... might be different in Canada though?

Old 03-08-2010, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by silverstonef4i
wow way to kill the buzz of a new mod..yes theyre bright and yes people may flash their lights at you but its no different than a lifted truck coming at you with reg lights...no one drives into a truck...two cents..looks great many people have them and like the added benefit and style they bring...not trying to start something but to each their own
Not trying to put him down or anything. HID's in a stock housing of any vehicle is a huge pet peeve of mine. I do a lot of driving (with at least 16 hours a week being at night) and have been blinded by too many of these.

Im all for mods whether lighting or not but when it comes down to putting peoples lives potentially at danger, I dont agree with it. To each their own is correct, I wont be blinded by him tho so he can do whatever he wants. HID looks sick on a bike though.

If he only drives during the day then its not a big deal either way though. Good luck either way and let us know if you have any problems with your ddmtuning kit. They have been good to me so far.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:20 AM

Where can I get the projector housing? what else has to be done?

Old 03-09-2010, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by gump
Where can I get the projector housing? what else has to be done?
In the how-to section there is a thread about installing projectors. In there there is a link to some bi-xenon ones. They also have halo eyes on them. Just got mine yesterday in the mail but have not had a chance to look at them yet. This friday I will and hopefully get them installed.

With these projectors apparently there is really no modification. You remove headlight and heat up in oven, then install projector in the H7 slots and put everything back together. Ill be able to post some pics next week of mine.

The other reason I like the projectors is because then you can have both lights on at same time for both low and highbeam.
It looks better IMO

Old 03-09-2010, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by jondevos
In the how-to section there is a thread about installing projectors. In there there is a link to some bi-xenon ones. They also have halo eyes on them. Just got mine yesterday in the mail but have not had a chance to look at them yet. This friday I will and hopefully get them installed.

With these projectors apparently there is really no modification. You remove headlight and heat up in oven, then install projector in the H7 slots and put everything back together. Ill be able to post some pics next week of mine.

The other reason I like the projectors is because then you can have both lights on at same time for both low and highbeam.
It looks better IMO
you mind doing a how to? maybe some pictures during your installation process? or is it pretty much already covered in the "how to install bi-xenon projectors"? Thanks

Old 03-09-2010, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by f4itypeofguy
you mind doing a how to? maybe some pictures during your installation process? or is it pretty much already covered in the "how to install bi-xenon projectors"? Thanks
Yeah I will take lots of pictures and write up a how to when I install them. Thinking that I will be installing them easter weekend. Ill keep you updated.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by jondevos
Yeah I will take lots of pictures and write up a how to when I install them. Thinking that I will be installing them easter weekend. Ill keep you updated.
Please do bro!
I'd love to see an F4i specific write-up on projector and HID install.

Quick Reply: Installed my HID's