F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Im New

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007 | 07:08 PM
Default RE: Im New

Post some pics of it. Sounds like a pretty good price.

Old 05-18-2007 | 07:23 PM

i rode quads aswell and was worried about getting my first bike and dropping it. im 5'9" and around 140lbs. i thought the bikes were heavy as hell but you really do get used to it. like everyone's telling you, go w/ that bike. if you get something smaller and become used to that then you'll regret passing up this offer. just get the 600 and take your time and get used to it, get to know it well. i was worried about getting used to the twist throttle since quads have the thumb throttle but its really easy. after about two weeks you'll be good to go and will be using the controls w/o having to think about it. also the braking, and the clutch that you're used to on the quad will come in handy. you'll pick right up on that on the bike and it will feel natural and easy......you'll just have to apply the twist throttle to your clutch/braking skills from the quad. its alot easier than you're thinking probably, lol. i too was extremely worried since it was my first bike (had it for a month now).

go for it and enjoy it! dont forget pics!

Old 05-18-2007 | 11:34 PM

Most people in here will disagree with me but I say start with a 600 cruiser while you're learning. When you feel comfortable then make the switch. A sportbike may scare the bleep out of you as a beginner and turn you off to motorcycles. There are ALWAYS good deals out there if you take the time to shop around. Just my .02.

I agree with what other people said: Most of us have dropped our bikes andyou likely will too. You'll be pissed that yourshiny new F4iis all dinged up...

Old 05-18-2007 | 11:38 PM

FYI, the F4i weighs in a 375 lbs fully fueled. Most cruisers are much heavier than the sportbike. You have to start somewhere. A cruiser is a whole different style of bike. I would not recommend spending the money on a cruiser when you really want a sportbike. My professional opinion is to learn on the F4i and get the feel of it. Just start slow and take your time.

Old 05-18-2007 | 11:54 PM

I ride both a cruiser and a sport bike. My personal oponion is that the sportbike is easier to handle. A 600 ish cc cruiser would not be too bad of an idea but I think you will get bored real fast and possible regret the purchase. My F4I will run circles around the Harley hands down. the F4I handles better, brakes more efficently, is actually more comfortable, and keeps me entertained. Also it does not leak oil and have parts fall off like the Harley, and I'm NOT kidding. I think that learning to ride a smaller cc sport bike will be easier espically for a person with a smaller frame. The smaller cruiser are heavier and do not handle as well at lower speeds. On the sport bike take it slow and respect the power. While it says only 600 cc and it does not sound like much the power will get away from you if you let it. Just my personal oponion.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13947/1333C1CE1EFE42B292DF829AFF532212.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-19-2007 | 12:40 AM

ORIGINAL: rtbconstrictors

I ride both a cruiser and a sport bike. My personal oponion is that the sportbike is easier to handle. A 600 ish cc cruiser would not be too bad of an idea but I think you will get bored real fast and possible regret the purchase. My F4I will run circles around the Harley hands down. the F4I handles better, brakes more efficently, is actually more comfortable, and keeps me entertained. Also it does not leak oil and have parts fall off like the Harley, and I'm NOT kidding. I think that learning to ride a smaller cc sport bike will be easier espically for a person with a smaller frame. The smaller cruiser are heavier and do not handle as well at lower speeds. On the sport bike take it slow and respect the power. While it says only 600 cc and it does not sound like much the power will get away from you if you let it. Just my personal oponion.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13947/1333C1CE1EFE42B292DF829AFF532212.jpg[/IMG]
+1

Old 05-20-2007 | 01:39 AM

Go for the F4i, but respect it's power, and remember you are just like any other car, go their speed, and know their methods of driving. Drive the bike like a car and you'll be fine, drive the bike like a bike can go, and you'll get yourself in trouble.

My first bike was shared with my wife, actually she bought the kawi 500 ex, and it was a great bike, then got my F4i a few months later, still pretty new rider, that was last august, I've been riding every week short a month in january when it was below freezing and snowing... never dropped it, just 1 reckless speeding ticket... be careful, and be a dork, wear your gear, and don't try and show off with your buddies. I never have problems by myself, but when I get with friends, it's nothing but trouble...

Old 05-20-2007 | 07:33 AM

I dropped my first bike 2 or 3 times, but then again I bought it for $1200. Get sliders, and be cautious.

Old 05-20-2007 | 08:38 PM

Go for the bike. I have an 06 F4i and it is my fisrt bike and I have not had any problems. Just remember to ride with in your limits, don't let peer pressure make you do something stupid, and TAKE THE MSF CLASS!!!! As far as the power goes, you don't have to use it, so it is not a problem. Have fun and be safe.

Old 05-20-2007 | 09:39 PM

What condition is the bike in ? I had neverdriven a bike n my life and went and bought my F4i .Took it behind the local High School and taught myself to ride.I lowered the front of my bike so my feet reach the ground and then some. Go for it two main rules.......1. Never Fear it 2. ALWAYS respect it . Remember that and you will be o.k. . Ck out my pics you can see the front is down. 2006 600 F4I