F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

I want CBR1000 blinking-mirrors... will it work?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 05:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I want CBR1000 blinking-mirrors... will it work?

ORIGINAL: VTcbr

so great, you'll have them mounted with a hole in the fairing where the old blinkers used to protrude out....what do you plan on doing with the holes or are you going to fill them in somehow?
Couple of things you can do. I have already replaced the stock stalk-mounted signals with flush mounts, so the hole is taken care of. The problem with the flush mounts is that they aren't all that conspicious. From front on, you can't see them at all. I also have a small amber LED running/turn signal mounted down where the front fender reflector is. Subtle, but it helps. Being seen is critical and lights helps.

You could also fill the holes and repaint or just construct a metal or plastic blocking plate...or a reflector.

Old 12-20-2008, 05:13 AM

ORIGINAL: Aken

Thanks Paul. I've had my bike apart many times, including replacing the upper fairing and stay. I've also used shotty Ebay mirrors with built-in turn signals. What I said was true - there's no way to hide wires without drilling through your stay somehow. A lot of people won't want to do that.
I can see not wanting to drill the stay. (Mine got busted in a crash.) But it's a cheap part and easily reversible. The bigger question is how crappy are the mirrors? For $45, I suppose you can't expect much. But if they're just awful, I'd pass on them, I guess.

Paul

Old 12-20-2008, 05:24 AM

ORIGINAL: VTcbr

so great, you'll have them mounted with a hole in the fairing where the old blinkers used to protrude out....what do you plan on doing with the holes or are you going to fill them in somehow?
I forgot to mention this in the other message, but having the wired mirrors will complicate fairing removal, which I seem to do every couple of months. As it is now, you pop the mirrors off, pull the fairing up and support it while you undo the wiring clips. With the wired mirrors, you need to support the mirrors, too, while you remove them and the fairing at once. It may take two people. Or duck tape the mirrors to the fairing, I guess.

Paul

Old 06-07-2009, 05:12 PM
Default Mirrors

I know this thread is about the light (signal) mirrors to use, but my question is: is it worthy?
Really, I saw both options and:
the ones in e-bay do not seem very good, in fact many people have complainined that those vibrate a lot. Some other people mentioned the mirrors are not glass, but plastic and the definition is the worst ever.

the ones in speedzilla are ugly in my opinion. Can't say a lot about those as I don't know nobody that used/installed. Sorry if one of you have, I don't want to offend, but for me they don't look very good.

CBR 1000RR '08 - it's a expensive choice and you will have to mod the installation, but this guy did and I loved it: http://milesspeed.com/moto/mirrors.htm

Magical Racing (I know - no lights, but...) These are the best good looking aftermarket mirrors I have seen. Note they are very well tested and most of the reviews I found say: no vibration, high definition, sunlight is not an issue... etc). http://www.moto-works.jp/products/rr_mirrors.html

Just trying to add some information that might be valuable for someone.

Ellus

Last edited by ellusbrother; 06-07-2009 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Add link
Old 06-08-2009, 11:58 AM

I have the black ones from Ebay, and they're exactly like OEM, but with blinkers. Easy to install and wire. Can't really see the turn signals during the day, but they're good enough to pass inspection. I figure that front turn signals aren't as important as the rear, since you're more likely to get creamed if your rear turn signals are ****ty vs. front.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm subscribing to this old thread cause I'm looking to do something like this.