600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

undertail ? cant get blinking to work

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 10:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default undertail ? cant get blinking to work

hey, i just bought the ss kit and undertail kit from bikelitez and cant get it to flash. i bought some flush mounts about a month or so and put them on and the lights say on and they flash. i tried to hook up the undertail lights and got them to work but they wont flash and they also stay on too. i tried hooking up the resistors that he gave me with the kit and that still didnt do any thing. any help would be awsome.

thanks

Old 03-08-2007, 11:01 PM
Default RE: undertail ? cant get blinking to work

Did you hook up the resistors properly? In parallel?

Old 03-08-2007, 11:40 PM

Also, make sure the bike is actually started and not just in the on position....

Old 03-09-2007, 06:32 PM

ORIGINAL: dragonium25

Did you hook up the resistors properly? In parallel?
i believe so. i talk to the guy at bikelitez and told me how to hook them up. i get power to the flush mount and i believe the rear too. i just tried hooking them up and i got the brake light on but no flashing yet. the flush mounts are on all the time. do i have to put resistors on them too??

Old 03-09-2007, 07:36 PM

If you have LED turn signals in the front and back, then you'll need to put resistors on either the front or back set to slow the blinking rate. I have an integrated tail light and front flush mounts and needed to put resistors on the front.

Old 03-09-2007, 08:07 PM

If you have LED turn signals in the front and back, then you'll need to put resistors on either the front or back set to slow the blinking rate. I have an integrated tail light and front flush mounts and needed to put resistors on the front.
i have resistors on the back and i finally got the blinking to work but on the tail, the blinkers are on so the whole light is orange right now and when i hit the brake you cant see the brake light at all. maybe ill have to go buy some resistors and put them on the front. im working with a guy on bikelitez right now to see if he can get it to work right

Old 03-09-2007, 08:36 PM

Are you sure your tail light is connected properly? It should only be a connector piece that hooks up to the existing stock connector. Then you splice the left and right turn signals.

Old 03-09-2007, 09:48 PM

Are you sure your tail light is connected properly? It should only be a connector piece that hooks up to the existing stock connector. Then you splice the left and right turn signals.
yes i have that plug in and work fine when i dont try to hook up the turn signal. when i try to hook up the turn signal then it goes to hell and cant see the brake light

in the pics it shows how i have the wires hooked up and what the brake light looks like, when i turn on the turn signal, it blinks red, so i think i might have something backwards but i tried everything and so did the guy from bikelitez. i ask if they was any way to not use the resistors and he told me that i have to have them. any help would be great.
if you think i should switch some wires or something, plez post the picture and write in the picture so i know exactly what you are trying to say
thanks alot for the help

Old 03-09-2007, 09:49 PM

dont know why it didnt upload the pics

Old 03-09-2007, 11:25 PM

Did you say the bike was started and running?

Quick Reply: undertail ? cant get blinking to work