F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

I keep dropping my bike! GRRR

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 11:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I keep dropping my bike! GRRR

sorry about the bad luck streak with your new bike...it happens...as someone mentioned before always cover the front brakes when wheeling it around...and please pick the bike up properly after dropping it...squat down with your back towards the bike and lift the opposite direction...

my ex dumped my F2 pretty often...once where the bike pinned her and the peg came striaght down on her thigh...dont let it get you down and take your time when manuvering...

Old 05-31-2008, 04:29 AM

leave your kickstand open, hold the front brake always...

perhaps not to back up from the lot, you could turn the bike around the kickstand in the place, i'm pretty sure it can be done with any weight after some training

Old 05-31-2008, 06:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why thank you, I'm naturally small, nothing I can do. 5'1, 110 lbs.
Already had a ninja 250, boring after a while. I am expecting to have a few accidents, I just have to get used to it I suppose.
I'm not much taller than you 5' 4", but have 60lbs on you. Like everyone is saying just cover the front brake and take your time. I bought my bike from a female rider and she had already lowered it and I must admit it helps. Once you have the frame sliders in it should give you a little more protection. Don't forget even though the bike is lowered, it still weighs the same. Best of luck

Old 06-03-2008, 12:17 AM

Thanks for the advice everyone. With it lowered I can back it up while on the bike so this helps a lot. Hopefully no more accidents.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:37 AM

if your size is really limiting you:

first of all, good for you for not being intimidated by a 'big' bike.

second, buy a crash cage. Seriously, I know they're kinda lame looking if you're not a hardcore stunter, but it WILL save you a lot of money in repairs.

and if you go 8 months w/o dropping the bike, then you can take off the cage and sell it to someone who IS stunting their bike.

other tricks

- get extra long bar-ends to protect your mirrors. it may not work every time, but it only has to work once to save you a lot of money.
- extra extra long frame sliders MIGHT help, but not as much as a cage... remember, the frame sliders are intended to protect YOUR FRAME. If they save the body work, that's just a bonus.
- i've seen people (racers) who file their levers right near the ball at the end. What this does is cause the ball to snap off, rather than bend the lever, or push it into other controls. It should also leave you enough lever to safely operate the bike and RIDE it home rather than having to trailer it or tow it.

it sounds like all your drops have been just trying to maneuver the bike around - someone out there is making lowering links that'll make your life easier, but also plan ahead! try backing into any place that's down-hill (like in parking lots). This means you can RIDE out rather than having to back out under your own power.

and if you can, ask for some help. There is this raelly short fat guy everyone calls "tiny" at local bike nights a lot. I can't tell you how many times he's had his friends give him a push because he can't flat-foot enough to back the bike up himself. He gets made fun of relentlessly - but his bike doesn't have any scratches on it.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:02 AM

I dont "keep"it dropping but i just dopped it once since I bought it new one month back.
The dealer home deleiverd the bike (since his shop is in other city), I unloaded it, said goodbye to him went inside home to just grab my jacket. When I came out the bike was taking a nap.
Thankfully it was grass below (near the road) and now it has scratched fairing, few scratches on pipe and bit destorted RH turn indicator.

Is there any1 who had beaten my record of dropping the bike at 0 miles??

Old 06-06-2008, 03:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to laugh Jay. I think you got that one.