F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

How well does a Cage and Sliders work

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 03:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How well does a Cage and Sliders work

Jesse:
Thanks alot bro imma go ahead and check that website out those cages do look very undestructible.

John:
Thanks for the advice, I did take the msf course. But yea like I said stunting is something that I know I can get hurt doing so its not something im trying to do as of now as a noob. But i figure I might as well start getting the bike to that stage for once i am ready.

Thanks Again
Stephen

Old 08-10-2006, 09:52 PM

Ok so there's a lot of talk about being a new rider and not having enough experience to try new stuff. What I'd like to know is when do you know how the bike handles? There must be a certain number of miles to have under your belt then you can start doing wheelies? I'm just curious.

Mike

Old 08-10-2006, 11:12 PM

Its just something that you have to feel for yourself. Nobody can tell you when you are comfortable on a bike, some people can jump on a bike and ride it like nothing, but other people will take sometimes years to get comfortable. I used to ride snowmobiles, dirt bikes, 4 wheelers and anything along those lines so getting on a bike wasn't anything really new to me. I had the clutch down from the start since I was used to using one from other things. But if you have never riden anything that you had to shift or use a clutch its going to take you longer to figure this stuff out. I started doing wheelies 3 or 4 weeks after I bought my first bike last summer and now I have my F4i and thats pretty much all I do now. I put about 2000 miles on my old bike and have over 5000 on my F4i this summer and I feel pretty comfortable with the power and the handeling of the bike, but it still surprises me sometimes. These things might be a 600 but the can f**k you up. You have to respect it and it will treat you good, but as soon as you think that you are better than her she'll let you know in a hurry LOL If you think you are ready to do wheelies go and do it, but if something is telling you to stop or set it down or something doesn't feel right stop doing them until you are ready, you can't force yourself and expect to keep your bike in one piece.

And one more thing, your rear brake is your new best friend when you start doing wheelies.

-Jesse-

Old 08-11-2006, 01:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i still have the old 905 cage on my 01, little tweaked still doin its job. Been down hard a few times, got minor scuffs to the upper fairing, and broke a peg once. Other than that no damage and its been a few years of stuntriding. No broken engine cases, no damage to frame/subframe etc.

If your going to learn to stunt get a cage you wont regret it