600 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 600 models.

frame sliders or cage?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default frame sliders or cage?

after searching the internet i've found a few differences between sliders theres no cuts which according to our forums here are junk so those are pretty much eliminated.

My question is how much cutting do i have to do and would it be more worth my money to just go with a crash cage to get the best protection?

also if anybody has a link to some cheap sliders or cages i would appreciate it.
Thanks in advance!

Old 02-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have to cut a hole the same diameter as the slider. Different brands are different sizes.

There are several ways to find the exact center of the hole. I used a laser pointer and a camera tripod to mark mine. Some people put clay on the inside of the fairing and make an impression with the head of the slider mounting bolt threaded into where it will be attached on the bike.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:13 PM

yeah i'm not looking forward to cutting my plastics i just love how the bike looks and hate to cut at it. I was curious which sliders are the best quality i was considering some hotbodies and motivation sliders

Old 02-09-2011, 11:07 PM

I have Woodcraft on mine. I like the way they are designed where the puck attaching screw won't get mangled in a slide and thus could be easily taken off and replaced. They look nice, too.

I installed them when I first bought my bike, before I had even ridden it the first time. I also didn't like the idea of drilling holes in my brand new fairings but I read up on various methods of doing it, took my time and everything turned out nice.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:39 AM

I have yet to take my bike out this illinois weather is killing me. I need to get a set of sliders I'm still not happy about having to drill into my plastic.

hotbodies is having a sale on KR tuned frame sliders has anyone ever used these? I also just looked at the woodcraft sliders it doesnt really look like theyre going to stick out and do anything...

Last edited by jreeder; 02-10-2011 at 10:44 AM.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by jreeder
I have yet to take my bike out this illinois weather is killing me. I need to get a set of sliders I'm still not happy about having to drill into my plastic.

hotbodies is having a sale on KR tuned frame sliders has anyone ever used these? I also just looked at the woodcraft sliders it doesnt really look like theyre going to stick out and do anything...
You gotta remember that sliders arent meant to protect your fairings. They are ment to protect the engine from smacking the ground.

If you want some fairing protection then get a cage but even thats only gonna protect the bottom half of your fairings.

For sliders i only looked at Shogun and woodcraft. I think im going with shogun cause i can get a kit(frame, spool, and fork) for about 100 bucks.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:33 AM

I also just looked at the woodcraft sliders it doesnt really look like theyre going to stick out and do anything...
You don't want sliders that are real long. In a slide they can easily snag on something and do more damage than if they weren't on there at all.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:28 PM

I think i'll take a look at those shogun sliders. from what i've read and seen a bunch of people said they suck, but 100 bucks sounds pretty pretty great

Old 02-11-2011, 10:34 PM

I think i'll take a look at those shogun sliders. from what i've read and seen a bunch of people said they suck, but 100 bucks sounds pretty pretty great
Looks like they held up to me. haha Although the more i look at woodcraft the more i like em.

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=59693

Theses seem pretty good to. The plastic deforms on impact which kinda coushins the bike down. Plus they come in pretty colors

Old 02-11-2011, 11:12 PM

i've talked to some of my motorcycling family and from what i was told i can go to one of those welding/metal shops (excuse my lack of wording) and they could weld me my own custom crash cage.

i guess what i'm trying to find out is will a crash cage offer that much protection from what i've seen mostly stunters use them and they look better for just laying it over not a high side or a low side

Quick Reply: frame sliders or cage?