F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

How long did you guys ride before hitting the interstate?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 02:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How long did you guys ride before hitting the interstate?

I had about 5 hours of riding time. It wasn't scary. Scary was the first time I rode with a few experienced riders on the freeway (had about 8 hours of riding time). trying to keep up at triple digits dipping through traffic was a bit much. Don't try to keep up if you don't feel comfortable, much better to get left behind and lost than to crash.

Old 06-12-2008, 04:06 PM

About a month I thinkI never had a chance or need to go out on the freeway But its really not that scary same thing just laying on the tank

Old 06-12-2008, 04:21 PM

The first time I got on the interstate it scared the hell out of me. At the time I was 14 with my 250 ninja so not that much power I was behind my uncle and cousins on their 600s. So I was following them and they decide to hop on the interstate, they kicked it so they leftme behind in between semis doin about 80. So I kicked it well kickin it for a 250 and eventually caught back up. But for bein 14 that was a big scare

Old 06-12-2008, 09:30 PM
WOT

My first bike (Yamaha Seca II) I took on the beltway after about 4 weeks of self tought practice (then I took the driving test and got my license) and some dude on a gixxer pulled a stand up wheelie in front of me which was cool, but then I almost nailed a tractor trailer tire tread in the middle of the road and realized it was no joke. Know your limits! Once you feel the violence of going down at 80 mph (for me it was on the track) you will wake up and realize the damage that can be done.

Old 06-13-2008, 04:01 PM

The only experience i had riding was thet msf course that was a year before i bought the f4i. I bought my bike about 80 miles from my home, so i had to ride it back home. I did a couple of laps around the block then i hit the interstate, the fastest i hit that night was 130. i had no jacket nor gloves, scarry but fun.

Old 06-13-2008, 04:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Dan Da Man

The only experience i had riding was thet msf course that was a year before i bought the f4i. I bought my bike about 80 miles from my home, so i had to ride it back home. I did a couple of laps around the block then i hit the interstate, the fastest i hit that night was 130. i had no jacket nor gloves, scarry but fun.
I hope you have gear n better sense now.

Old 06-13-2008, 04:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Wants a CBR

I had about 5 hours of riding time. It wasn't scary. Scary was the first time I rode with a few experienced riders on the freeway (had about 8 hours of riding time). trying to keep up at triple digits dipping through traffic was a bit much. Don't try to keep up if you don't feel comfortable, much better to get left behind and lost than to crash.
dont confuse experienced with stupity.

Old 06-13-2008, 04:10 PM

the funny thing is that i got my gear the next day. but i still havent got that better sense yet.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:20 PM

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

[/quote]
So you don't ever speed? The best time to do so is on the highway. Sure it's stupid, but why do we have such powerful bikes?

Old 06-14-2008, 12:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Wants a CBR

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

So you don't ever speed? The best time to do so is on the highway. Sure it's stupid, but why do we have such powerful bikes?
I've never hit triple digits in the street on my bike. Not even on my car. I've gotten close, but there's no need to. The way I figure it, the reason why we have such powerful bikes is so we can accelerate quicker to avoid hazardous situations.

Quick Reply: How long did you guys ride before hitting the interstate?