F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

How long did you guys ride before hitting the interstate?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 11:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How long did you guys ride before hitting the interstate?

the first bike i picked up was the first time i rode...i would HIGHLY recommend against that...all cockiness and false righteousness aside (im a humble kinda guy), sometimes its innate and some take longer to learn and be accustomed to a new thing...good thing for my dumbass' sake, nothing happened...

just hop on when youre right and ready...i have some friends that started off REALLY bad and really slow...now, theyre better than most riders will ever be...

Old 05-31-2008, 02:44 AM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

About an hour or so into my first street ride I jumped on the highway for a little jaunt. I had practiced in a parking lot the night I bought my bike, then the next night I went out for the first time on the street. Rode around town for about an hour to get somewhat comfortable with everything, then I wanted to go somewhere else and the highway was the only way to get there. I went slow though (60-70 mph), not just because it was all new to me, but also cuz the bike only had about 50 miles on the clock and she was still in break in period, so I didn't want to go fast. It seems like such a long time ago, LOL[8D]

Old 05-31-2008, 03:52 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I waited a year.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:56 PM

It was about three months, and only for two miles. It was extremely uncomfortable. I lve just south of Atlanta and people use our interstate.
It was another 5 months before I got on again. Plus it is illegal to get on if you just have a permit.
I don't like riding on the interstate at all. Like a previous post, I am humble enough to admit that
semi-trucks scare me when they go by and start sucking you in, and the drivers who don't see you and just change lanes.
My advice is to stay off till you have alot of miles under you.

On a side note to the person who got their bike up to 210kmph (130mph) with10 miles under their belt glad you survived your lapse of insanity.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:12 AM

Bout a week but did it mid day during the week last summer, road was pretty empty and I did it as far as was reasonable away from DC since people drive like lunatics around here. Now I can take it anywhere but I still don't enjoy riding in lots of traffic, too many dumb people

Old 06-03-2008, 10:44 AM

Id say within the first week, i remember getting on the juice coming off the on ramp then i think about my brother w his Busalol

Old 06-03-2008, 11:46 AM

About a month. Took the MSF course, rode around on my dad's cruiser for a month (strictly local streets about 6 block radius from my house), picked up the F4i, a little more streets but further away, then hit the fwy.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:49 PM

dealership --- friends house --- 30 mile socal freeway ride home.

i was ****ting bricks for like 20 minutes, then i hit 120 mph ( :squid: ) **** more bricks, and parked it in my driveway for a week.

now freeways all day every day! weeeeeeeeeee

Old 06-09-2008, 12:29 PM

Picked up my first bike at the dealership, pulled out of the driveway onto the interstate feeder, and slabbed 45 miles to work.

KeS

Old 06-11-2008, 08:08 PM

Well, I have ridden on the interstate a good bit now. So far I've logged 1000 miles in the first two weeks of owning the bike. I love riding so far and the interstate wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Quick Reply: How long did you guys ride before hitting the interstate?