F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Hotbodies Undertail

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hotbodies Undertail

I installed my HB undertail in May and just recently the rear seat has been popping off because the latch for the trunk isn't securing...I dont think the cable is too extended, I'm not sure what changed...But I like having the trunk and want it to work with the key..any ideas???

Old 07-08-2009, 07:25 PM

You should never have bought a hotbodies undertail!

First of all the LED's cannot be seen during the day so if you still have your receipt i suggest you make a return. case closed

Old 07-09-2009, 07:11 AM

What is it with people? You see the words Hot and Boddies and don't end up reading the OP and just comment on how bad the product is. I have a HB undertail and I didn't pick it for safety... I didn't start riding a sportsbike because I thought it was safer than driving a car. Fact is unless the person behind you is paying attention, and not talking on a cell phone, then they aren't going to hit you. If they aren't paying attention then not even the sun strapped to your back is going to save you from whiplash. "Case closed."

Old 07-09-2009, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by ibiggers
I installed my HB undertail in May and just recently the rear seat has been popping off because the latch for the trunk isn't securing...I dont think the cable is too extended, I'm not sure what changed...But I like having the trunk and want it to work with the key..any ideas???
Can you take a picture of the inside of your trunk? If not just take it to a shop and have someone look at it and ask them a couple of questions. When I did mine that cable was a bitch to get hooked up but it works perfect now. The only issue I have is that the lock on the bottom kinda sticks out from the bottom of the plastic. It's nothing serious but it is rather annoying.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:24 AM

The problem is that is was working and now it isn't...Probably going to rig something up...No real good shops around here. that's why i drove 4 hrs to buy my bike. didnt want anything serviced by local shops. But if i figure something out Ill post it up so other who choose to buy the HB undertail can get other ideas.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by teko1020
What is it with people? You see the words Hot and Boddies and don't end up reading the OP and just comment on how bad the product is. I have a HB undertail and I didn't pick it for safety... I didn't start riding a sportsbike because I thought it was safer than driving a car. Fact is unless the person behind you is paying attention, and not talking on a cell phone, then they aren't going to hit you. If they aren't paying attention then not even the sun strapped to your back is going to save you from whiplash. "Case closed."
You're an idiot-case closed

The LED's cannot be seen during the day and that's the bottom line flat out. The stock tail light provides much better visibility even if for that one second a driver notices you because of it. Hotbodies LED's suck-case closed.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:18 PM

Vermont is the worst state ever and you should let people choose what they want coming from the hippy state.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by VTcbr
You're an idiot-case closed

The LED's cannot be seen during the day and that's the bottom line flat out. The stock tail light provides much better visibility even if for that one second a driver notices you because of it. Hotbodies LED's suck-case closed.

Lmao! Ay, I love this guys posts, they usually have little to nothing to do with what OP is asking or posting about.
Where in "your hotbodies undertail critique" did you help OP with his problem with the rear-seat latch not closing?
Thats seems to be most of what you do around here mate, name call.
At least Teko offered info pertaining to OP's question.
Your conquest for a MASSIVE number of posts is entertaining but hardly helpful VT. Hardly.

Seriously though.....!

By the way Ibiggers, you might be able to fab something to help the cable-lock stay in place.
The original bloke that owned my F4i broke the original "arm" that holds the lock-cable but he fab'ed a little aluminum arm so that it worked in its stead.
Good luck mate.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by ibiggers
Vermont is the worst state ever and you should let people choose what they want coming from the hippy state.
You're from Maine haha

Old 07-13-2009, 09:32 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pics?????
Anywho getting back to topic, my HB ALtezza undertail instructions had the latch mounting in the wrong direction,so had to do a lil' adjustment to make it latch solid.

Attached Thumbnails Hotbodies Undertail-p7121049.jpg   Hotbodies Undertail-p7121046.jpg   Hotbodies Undertail-p7121041.jpg  

Quick Reply: Hotbodies Undertail