F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

HELP HELP HELP "New Guy"

Old 12-14-2007, 12:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP HELP HELP "New Guy"

Hi out there, i purchased a 2002f4i used, first mistake... Sounded like a good deal, didnt do my homework got screwed.

......Long story short. I need a CALIFORNIA Specific wiring harness for this bike. E-Bay all out of state parts. Honda, on backorder until FEB 8th....WTF... yeah i guess Japan is making some fresh...... Does anyone know where I can find a NEW one or AFTER MARKET Wiring harnss or this bike. Even a USED CALIFORNIA MODEL would work...... But i keep running into walls..

Help

Sean

Please e-mail me as I cant check forums from the Firehouse and i seem to be stuck there quite a bit.

svsmiley@yahoo.com

Old 12-14-2007, 12:45 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Default RE: HELP HELP HELP "New Guy"

1st question is why do you think you need a new wireharness is there a specific problem we can help you out with 1st before you take such drastic measures ?

Old 12-14-2007, 07:23 AM

+1.....what is the actual problem?
If you REALLY need one.......check the bone yards.......they are probably full of them.

Old 12-14-2007, 11:57 AM

I am with Havoc, we have to know what the problem is before we do surgery. Does it not start? Do is not stay running? We need some details for a diagnosis.

Old 12-14-2007, 12:19 PM

wiring harnesses rarely go bad unless you burn em, whats the symptoms

Old 12-14-2007, 05:43 PM

If the harness indeed was f*cked, you could try hunting down a cali f4i being parted out. That's what I would do, but don't go after the big fish unless you know 100% that's where your problem is.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:57 PM

PROBLEM, The guy whom had it before the guy I got her from did some splicing in the main loom to "Black OUT" the bike...... WIred to switches and such...... Well it was done poorly and multiple multiple multiple wires are burnt toghether... Creating light flickers, and issues with the bike, saftey issues including all the lighting, side marker/blinkers and brake light to work intermitently. Not to mention the BOZO put 30 amp fuses in 10amp slots to probably stop the fuze blowing problems from it grounding out.

I and a fellow firefighter took the thing apart and found all the wires screwed up in the loom, Replacing it is a must to eleminate future problems that I am pretty sure will come up.

I got a harness from the junkyard..... It was ordered thru a part finder that the junkyard uses. Well the problem is the Harness has to be California Specific due to the Cam pulse generator and the Fuel Vapor Selenoid Purge thingy that are not included in a "Non Californa Harness"

Junkyard dude is looking for a California part...... HONDA has my part on Backorder in Japan until FEB 8th 2008!

Yeah i have been waiting / looking for this part for over 3 months now and im seriously bummed out. ANyone know CAli Junkyards..... #s... whatever so I can do the footwork.

I live up in the Fresno area and ithas ONE Bikeyard,yeah slim pickings.

ThankS

Sean

Old 12-14-2007, 09:16 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

yea you should call here in sacramento to either "sac cycle" or "rancho cycle" both are dismantilers that i use and normally have the part im looking for

Sac-Cycle Motorcycle Dismantlers[/align]3271 Luyung Dr
Rancho Cordova, CA 95742
PH: (916) 852-0100
FX: N/A
www.sac-cycle.com

http://www.ranchomotorcycle.com/

Old 12-15-2007, 04:59 PM

Ok let me see if i can help you. First off all f4i harnesses have a plug for the cam sensor, if yours doesn't its for an f4. the sensor that acutates the fuel injection timing. The only differences are the evap solenoid and an o2 sensor. You can use a fed spec harness. To keep the fi light from throwing a code place a resistor between pins a7 and the ground and b4 and the ground from the ecm. Or you can do what i did and say screw paying anybody for anything on ebay and make your own.

Search this Thread