F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

headlight help

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 07:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlight help

so i'm at a loss here. the guy before me "wired" the headlight up to be both on with the low beam and high beam, but that never worked since i've owned it. i've had to have the highs on at all times.

i unwired it because i wanted to do it properly and i got a new headlight with all the tabs. he had the biggest ghetto wiring job i've ever seen.

currently i've got a new wiring harness, his old one, and 2 headlights. none of which work at all right now. i've got power running from the orange/white, light blue/white, orange, and light blue wires. all of which are from the turn signals. i've got no power going to either headlight. and on top of that, the blue high beam indicator on the dash no longer lights up.

i've replaced the circuit breaker for the headlights thinking maybe that was bad, but it hasnt solved the issue. if i through a 20 amp fuse or just connect the blue to the blue/white wires, then the high beam works, but no low beam. if i connect the red/black wire to the one next to it (cant remember the color right now) then the high beam indicator is on, but the lights arent.

any help?

Old 02-22-2012, 08:03 PM

01-06 HONDA CBR F4I HEADLIGHT WIRING HARNESS WIRE CLIP PLUG FRONT | eBay

save yourself alot of trouble and headache

Not sure what shape the NEW one you have is in... is it cut up also?

Old 02-22-2012, 08:11 PM

nope its complete brand new, oem. has the stock turn signal adapters and everything.

BUT I FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my starter switch has failed. when you push the button on, it kills the headlights so that all the current is going to the starter. my switch, when disengaged, still is not touching the original connections that get the headlights going. so i need a new starter switch.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by steve0o09
nope its complete brand new, oem. has the stock turn signal adapters and everything.

BUT I FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my starter switch has failed. when you push the button on, it kills the headlights so that all the current is going to the starter. my switch, when disengaged, still is not touching the original connections that get the headlights going. so i need a new starter switch.
Glad to hear it was a simple fix

Old 02-22-2012, 08:22 PM

lol simple after buying 3 different things and spending 2 weeks off and on working on it and constantly thinking about it lol. just glad i can get it up and running to ride, its gettin nice out!!!!!!