F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Headlight/Fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight/Fuel pump

I just bought a 2002 f4i.. the other day i was riding a wheelie and when i sat the front wheel down it died.. i didnt sit it down to hard either.. but then it started right back up.. didnt think much about it.. well i popped another wheelie and it died again.. this time the fuel pump wasnt kicking on and the headlight wasnt on either.. thought i blew the fuel pump of maybe a relay and so i got on here and figured out thatthe fuel pump wont kick on unless the headlight is working.. so i pulled off all the fairings and un plugged the relay and plugged it back in and now it works.. UNTIL i pop a wheelie.. then it dies and i just wiggle some wires under the front fairing and it seems to kick back on.. im thinkin maybe its just a loose wire somewhere or a bad connection??!!?? any suggestions where to look? i have the front fairing and the headlight off now and there seems to be no loose wires.. im even bangin **** to see if it will kick off and it wont. lol. appreciate the help in advance!

Old 03-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Headlight/Fuel pump

check the harness on the left side of the bike. when it disconnects, power is cut to the fuel pump...this is usually triggered by the bank angle sensor, but since you said HL went out as well...it should be in the harness.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:11 PM

i checked the harness and it all looks fine... i even cut all the tape of all 3 sets of harnesses and they all looked fine also.. taped them back up real good.. could it possibly be the bank angle sensor goin bad? i can get on it all day and it dont act up but as soon as i clutch it up and sit it down it dies... its not like im slamming it down either.. both tabs for the headlight on the right side are broken.. think that could have anything to do with it.. maybe when i sit it down it jars the headlight or something?? i dont know im clueless..

Old 03-04-2008, 08:37 PM

ORIGINAL: f4ijosh

I just bought a 2002 f4i.. the other day i was riding a wheelie and when i sat the front wheel down it died.. i didnt sit it down to hard either.. but then it started right back up.. didnt think much about it.. well i popped another wheelie and it died again.. this time the fuel pump wasnt kicking on and the headlight wasnt on either.. thought i blew the fuel pump of maybe a relay and so i got on here and figured out thatthe fuel pump wont kick on unless the headlight is working.. so i pulled off all the fairings and un plugged the relay and plugged it back in and now it works.. UNTIL i pop a wheelie.. then it dies and i just wiggle some wires under the front fairing and it seems to kick back on.. im thinkin maybe its just a loose wire somewhere or a bad connection??!!?? any suggestions where to look? i have the front fairing and the headlight off now and there seems to be no loose wires.. im even bangin **** to see if it will kick off and it wont. lol. appreciate the help in advance!
Did you check the don't do a wheelie harness? Because i think that would be a easy fix...haha

Old 03-04-2008, 09:23 PM

haha... how u gonna have a bike and not ride a wheelie!!! lol

Old 03-05-2008, 01:28 AM

its one of the pins in the main harness. mine did that (didnt really notice it while doing wheelies but same symptoms). when its running does it shut off when you try to use the blinker? also i noticed that when i took the headlight fuse out the fuel pump would work properly again.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:49 AM

i checked all the wires and pins and they all looked fine... i taped all the wires back up and the angle sensor was hanging loose so maybe that was getting jarred when i was sittin the front wheel down.. it seems to work so far for now... thanks for the help....

Old 03-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pull on rear of the harness, where the wire meets the pin.

a bad BAS won't turn off your headlights.

Old 03-05-2008, 11:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

pull on rear of the harness, where the wire meets the pin.

a bad BAS won't turn off your headlights.
+1

Old 03-05-2008, 11:58 AM

does your console look like this when you turn it on? because it's not supposed to... if it does, then it's the harness

Quick Reply: Headlight/Fuel pump