F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

got a little wiring problem...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 06:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got a little wiring problem...

alright i know this is a long post, but this problem has been bothering me and i wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem before so maybe i can just fix it myself instead of taking it to a shop.

ok so i bought my new bike like this. but the problems just started getting worst. i have a wiring diagram but i just cant figure it out. so first problem is the spedometer. it works every once and a while but then when i get in the high rpms it seems to just go back to zero and just stay at zero mph while im riding so i never know how fast i am going.. next problem that i just ran into today, while i was tryin to get back from the gym my bike wouldnt start. i put the key in the on position and the front headlights wouldnt turn on and the two turn signal light indicators on the gauge stayed on along with the red light thats on the gauge. so this happened to me a few times i usualy just jigle the headlight wiring harness and then ill hear the fuel pump kick in then im good to go. but this time it just wouldnt work. so i was lookin at the front head lights and the left light was glowing but really low. so i thought maybe a battery problem at first. but then i tried starting it and the starter sounded strong so i figured it wasnt the battery. so then i disconnected the front headlight to pull out the bulb to check it out but when i did that it started making a buzzing noise ( i did this with the key still in the on position ). then i just tried switchin the brights off and when i did this with the front head light out then the fuel pump kicked in and started working. so i could drive home but the headlights wouldnt turn on... i guess my wiring is just really funky but i dont kno if any has any clues to what it could be or maybe just a good trustworthy local shop (san jose, ca) any advice would be appreciated. one more thing i was wondering is maybe the previous bike owner had an alarm installed then taken out and then they didtn take it out right haha i dont kno. thanks

Old 06-04-2006, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: got a little wiring problem...

Dure you need to get that to a Honda Dealer as soon as possible. You need that whole bike evaluated before something happens while riding . These bikes are all electric basically.