F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Got a few ??'s from a new guy

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 01:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a few ??'s from a new guy

So i got my first bike about 3 months ago its a 02 600 F4. Ive just been reading some of the posts and what not, but I was wondering what low siding and high siding a bike means. And on my bike theres two headlights, one is a running light and the other is the brights, that i know. Is the bright a double element bulb that should be on with the key also, it seems like i havent seen any others bike town with just one light or are they just running there brights all the time. If its not then has anyone ever been stop by the cops cause he thought you had a headlight out or something. Thanks for any help

Russell

Old 07-12-2005, 04:35 PM
Default RE: Got a few ??'s from a new guy

I have a 2001 F4i and I ride with my brights on all the time. I just don't like how it looks with only one on and everyone who dosen't know bikes used to always tell my head light was out. Low siding is where you and the bike slide down with you under the bike. High siding is you going over the top of the bike. Take a MSF saftey course. They will teach you what all the terms mean and most importantly how to avoid doing them.

Old 07-13-2005, 06:05 AM

it's the same as a car..highbeam and lowbeam...lowbeam is always on and highbeam can be turn on or off...
for me i ride with lowbeam on at night
highbeam during the day...dunno y but i do it.

lowside = u fall off the bike and u are sliding behind it..good thing
highside = u got over the bike and the bike is sliding behind u..very bad thing

Old 07-13-2005, 10:31 AM

Hey thanks guys, I was pretty sure that there wasnt anything wrong with my headlights, but thought that I might just ask and make sure. Ill usely run my brights during the day around here just so that people can see me. Thats what I thought about Low/High siding. But some of the way I heard it phrased and used in context I thought it could mean something else too. Thanks and Jimmy Im trying to get into the class, but since Im working most weekends its hard to fit it in, but ill get it done in the next few weeks.

Old 07-14-2005, 02:23 AM
Fox
Banned

ORIGINAL: jimmyg

Take a MSF saftey course. They will teach you what all the terms mean and most importantly how to avoid doing them.
Yup. www.msf-usa.org. You'll thank us later.

Two options on the headlight issue. You could record youself and play it to everybody and anybody that tells you that, "You got a headlight out." Or just ride with your high-beams on (recommend). MSF also recommends running highs during daylight riding.