F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Got the bike today..01 F4i..lots of pics..I found a few open hoses!! Little help

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey congrats on the bike!!!! It looks good. And yeah, they are just air hoses...make sure you tuck them into the fairing...it has a slit where you can put them through so they don't free hang...!

Old 05-09-2010, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by vangill
its just gonna be annoying. its not really gonna hurt anything
Good to know thanks!

and F4ith, the seller did not say that the damage to he radiator was due to a rock I just assumed.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by 600F4inoober
Good to know thanks!

and F4ith, the seller did not say that the damage to he radiator was due to a rock I just assumed.
Almost looks like the tire rubbed there. Not sure if that's possible without damaging the forks though.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:25 PM
July 2008 ROTM

The dent in the radiator definitely looks like it came from the tire going into it. Probably the same thing that caused the dent in the rim. Give the front end a good inspection, especially making sure that the forks are straight and not leaking (likely had to be replaced anyway if a front-end collision did indeed cause those other two bangs).

You should replace the rim. It probably holds air and rides fine for now, but better safe than sorry. Don't wait too long to do that if you can.

The engine noise while in neutral is normal, from the clutch plates rubbing together a bit while the engine spins.

The hoses, as everyone said, are also normal. You should tuck them into the small rectangular hole at the bottom of your left fairing. They are for coolant overflow, fuel overflow and fuel breather.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by kowen1208
Almost looks like the tire rubbed there. Not sure if that's possible without damaging the forks though.
Ya not sure? If that was the case the forks would have been dunbar I would think. In which case they would have had to of been replaced! the forks and seals looks great aside from the scuffs on the lower tubes. I had a buddy pick up the front and I tried to move the front wheel/forks forward and back and they didnt budge and the seals and alignments seem good..I wouldnt be surprised at all if this bike had a dusty past and quite a few accidents unfortunately. Whatever the case, if the front tire went into the radiator that hard then these forks are new.

Yes actually the rim is indeed dented and not just rashed, The inside of the rim at that location is slightly bent. It rides fine but ya it needs to be replaced along with both tires.

Random question, God forbid I ever get a scuff or rash that is not scraped INto the metal on the crank case or frame, what products do people use to "de-scuff" blacktop or the such off of the crankcase or the likes?

Last edited by 600F4inoober; 05-09-2010 at 11:36 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by 600F4inoober
Ya not sure? If that was the case the forks would have been dunbar I would think. In which case they would have had to of been replaced! the forks and seals looks great aside from the scuffs on the lower tubes. I had a buddy pick up the front and I tried to move the front wheel/forks forward and back and they didnt budge and the seals and alignments seem good
There's always the possibility that fork damage was done and they replaced the forks. Whatever the case, so long as alignment is good and tight and your radiator isn't leaking and keeps the engine from overheating, you should be fine.

I've never buffed out scuffs like that, but if I were to try, I would probably use a power buffer. You can get different attachments for them for anything from getting rust off to applying wax.

Last edited by kowen1208; 05-09-2010 at 11:37 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:48 PM

nice bike, looks like all your questions have been answered. red/black is my fav right after red/white. get ready to fall in love.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:22 AM

I live in a decent neighborhood in Arizona but unfortunately bike theft out here is quite bad. I myself live in a gated community but that really means nothing as vans let themselves in or follow another car and people come and go as they please. I personally have had a few personal items stolen in my complex. In my complex there are no garages just car ports with an overhang roof. I counted 2 motorcycles in the car ports and both are under bike covers. One is an older 99? kawasaki (no one wants that) and the other is a cheap honda cruiser/ These bike rarley ever move month to month. The cruiser has a small diameter (almost for a bicycle) lock around its wheel and car port pillar. The kawaskaki just sits there with a u lock on its back wheel. SO needless to say my bike is the nicest, most expensive one.

I have a nice bike cover and thick OnGuard Akita cable lock. Since it is only 6.75ft I could only manage to make it through the back wheel and around the car port pillar off the ground. I also lock the handlebars. Do you guys "think" I have decent protection? The cable is a little under 1" thick. I tried to back my car in front of the bike but it wont fit ; (

Last edited by 600F4inoober; 05-12-2010 at 12:15 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:31 AM

lock it 2 something and get a alarm u can get a cheap 1 of ebay for like 40 bucks and if poss put it in your house lol

Old 05-10-2010, 12:48 AM

Bottom line. If it is outdoors, they can take it if they want it bad enough. I'd recommend getting a heavy duty chain, has helped my friend from his getting jacked.

The best thing you can do is get it inside a locked enclosure, even if it has to be at a friend's place.

Quick Reply: Got the bike today..01 F4i..lots of pics..I found a few open hoses!! Little help