CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Got the bike today..01 F4i..lots of pics..I found a few open hoses!! Little help (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/got-bike-today-01-f4i-lots-pics-i-found-few-open-hoses-little-help-110347/)

600F4inoober 05-09-2010 08:25 PM

Got the bike today..01 F4i..lots of pics..I found a few open hoses!! Little help

12 Attachment(s)
First off, sorry for the large sized pictures, I am semi-quasi e-net challenged. I will preface this post by saying that there are no dent/dings/scratches on the frame and the bike got a brand new battery last month and starts right up and idles smooth. Riding it, mechanically feels sound.

If you look at the pictures below, you will see 3 random hoses I found dangling down by the chain. They were hidden in the lower fairing when I inspected the bike prior to buying. I DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE/THEY GO TO!! So I was hoping to get everyone's help! I tracked the hoses and one goes to the coolant tank (reservoir?) on the opposite (right) side of the bike (pic taken) and another hose leads into a hole under the seat? The last hose I cannot follow as it disappears past the rear spring/shock and moves towards the front! There is also a small plastic piece that has been disconnected up near the coolant plastic tank (the same tank the dangling hose goes to) What are all of these hoses and what should I do!

Damage noted is a dented radiator (functions fine and no leaking whatsoever) from a huge rock I suppose. A dented Rim. Scuffed lower fork tubes.

Observation: While in neutral, If I do not hold in the clutch I get a noticable vibration and odd noise from the front engine it seems?

Random question: Is the digital time always suppose to display? I assume it just runs off the battery?

Question: There may be times where the bike is not started up for a week at a time. It will sit for 5-6-7 days on end. Should I try to start it up every other day? Or does this cause more damage than good? On long periods of no starts (3 weeks or more) should I disconnect the battery?

Attachment 56201

Attachment 56202

Attachment 56203

Attachment 56204

Attachment 56205

Attachment 56206

Attachment 56207

Attachment 56208

Attachment 56209

Attachment 56210

The 3 hoses!!!
Attachment 56211

One hose goes to this coolant tank?
Attachment 56212

dmcb2120 05-09-2010 08:30 PM

all those hoses are cool. Tank vent, overfill and I forgot the last. O yea sexy lil lady u got there.

Kuroshio 05-09-2010 08:36 PM

First out congrats on the new bike. 2nd, when you checked the oil level was the bike on the sidestand? If it was, you read it wrong. Bike has to be standing vertical to get an accurate read. 3rd, the 3 hoses are vent hoses.

Get down on the ground and look under the lower fairings near the kickstand. You'll know where they're supposed to go then ;)

vangill 05-09-2010 08:40 PM

they r just vent hoses, the clock does stay on all the time. i try to start my bike anf ride once a week and i have no batt problems. i will unhook it if its not gonna be used for a month or more. that rim doesnt look bent it just looks rashed pretty good, and i bet the radiator will be fien if its not leaking.

that vibration from the clutch means your basket and possibly plates are worn out. youll have to replace them to get it to stop

and nice bike btw

Kuroshio 05-09-2010 08:46 PM

Oh yeah, starting the bike once a week won't do anything for the battery. The bike needs to be ridden to charge the battery, engine getting up to bout 3K rpm before the stator really charges it. Idling won't do it. And starting the bike puts the largest strain on the battery.

jpanside@gmail.com 05-09-2010 08:48 PM

lol hoses are fine bruh. NICE BIKE but how many times did the previous owner drop it?

600F4inoober 05-09-2010 08:54 PM

Whewwwww...THANKS everyone! Ya the owner did drop it quite a few times. the bar end is scuffed and brake lever is scuffed but what matters is that he dropped it on himself I assume! Because the frame and crank cover are spotless! I did check the oil with the bike straight up so the oil looks really good and clean. I will look into the basket and plates vangill thanks. SO should I just keep in the clutch fully in neutral until then or does it not matter (kinda annoys me)...Im super stoked...thanks everyone shes a work in progress!!!! LOW MILES!!!!

vangill 05-09-2010 09:40 PM

its just gonna be annoying. its not really gonna hurt anything

Nyx13 05-09-2010 09:43 PM

LMAO! I 'discovered' those hoses myself about a month ago.

We'd filled up before riding out to a restaurant for breakfast, after eating, we came out to the bikes...sitting there in the nice warm sun...I started up the bike and as soon as I did, it spewed gas all over the asphalt! (came from those hoses, btw) I guess I'd filled just enough that in the heat, as it expanded, there was no where else to go... I friggin' howled after! I hollered, 'My bike peed itself!' :icon_couchhide:

F4ith 05-09-2010 10:33 PM

Dent from a rock in a place like that? Sounds sketchy.