F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Fuel Gage

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Gage

I can't get my fuel gage to come up on my screen, do I have to get a new screen or what, help.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:09 PM
Default RE: Fuel Gage

Fuel gauge? No such animal on the F4i....your reserver lights will come on when you hit reserve buit that is all my man

Goose

Old 10-25-2007, 09:12 PM

does it light up when you first turn the key and the gauges annunciate?

Old 10-25-2007, 09:15 PM

No, I read thru the manual and I thought that it would show up, can I upgrade and get a screen with one?

Old 10-26-2007, 12:18 AM

Its not a fuel gauge, its not even a reserve fuel gauge. Its a gauge that counts down to when you are on your reserve. But wait... F4i's don't have a reserve tank, so its basically just a count down to when your last 0.9 gallons kicks in. The bars start to blink (from top to bottom), when all the bars are blinking, then you are on your last 0.9 gallons.

Old 10-26-2007, 01:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just upgrading the screen wont work since you need the sensor inside the tank for the fuel level too... dunno if you get a kit but then.. why do you need one? As long as you dont plan on being more than 40 miles away from a gas station, you should be just fine. As you get used to it you'll know how many miles you get to a tank...

Old 10-26-2007, 02:06 AM

the purpose of the "fuel indicator" it to approximate how much gas is left in your tank when it hits 0.92 gallons. so, when the light turns on, you have 0.92 gallons left in your tank. the bars start counting down from there, so you go from 4 solid bars, to 1 flashing, 2 flashing..........till they are all flashing, and then a few more miles and your out of gas. (page 24 of owners manual)

that said, when you turn on your bike, the gauge should light up real quick to test if its working, then turn back off. if the gauge does not light up, then it could be either your gauge is broken, or your fuel sender is broken. i would believe that it would be the gauge, because if the fuel sender was not working, i would think that the gauge would still light up to test. you should be able to just swap out your gauge with a replacement one. however, you may want to see if you could just find one to test with to see if it works in case it is the sender causing the problem....

i hope that helps! maybe someone could try unplugging their fuel sender and see if the gauge still works on start up......

Last edited by axsys; 12-18-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:35 AM

I don't have an Owners Manual, so I don't know what it says, but, when I fill up with 4 flashing bars, I always put 4 gallons in. That leads me to believe that I have another 0.9 gallons left.

ORIGINAL: axsys

the purpose of the "fuel indicator" it to approximate how much gas is left in your tank when it hits 0.92 gallons. so, when the light turns on, you have 0.92 gallons left in your tank. the bars start counting down from there, so you go from 4 solid bars, to 1 flashing, 2 flashing..........till they are all flashing, and then a few more miles and your out of gas. (page 24 of owners manual)

that said, when you turn on your bike, the gauge should light up real quick to test if its working, then turn back off. if the gauge does not light up, then it could be either your gauge is broken, or your fuel sender is broken. i would believe that it would be the gauge, because if the fuel sender was not working, i would think that the gauge would still light up to test. you should be able to just swap out your gauge with a replacement one. however, you may want to see if you could just find one to test with to see if it works in case it is the sender causing the problem....

i hope that helps! maybe someone could try unplugging their fuel sender and see if the gauge still works on start up......

Old 10-26-2007, 07:19 AM

Sell me your broken gauge pod for $10 and buy a newer one. LOL