F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Fuel filter?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 10:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CorruptFile
At least plugs are cheap (side note... why order plugs for the bike, they have them in stock at any auto store).

I checked at all the part stores around town and I eventually just had to have the Honda dealer order some as there werent any in the entire state lol.

20/20 hindsight I should have checked into it a little more, but like I said, the plugs most likely needed changed anyway. Too late either way lol. In the mean time I would like to trouble shoot anything else while I wait.
Ill try to answer any questions the best I can, but again, bikes are a whole new ballgame to me!

Old 03-13-2013, 10:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congratz on the bike. lets try it up asap; riding season has arrived.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by JonezyWyo
I recently bought my first bike, a 2001 Honda CBR600f4i. I got it home and it ran fine, but the next morning it wouldn't start. I decided to pull the plugs and order new ones, so while I was waiting for them I decided to see if I could locate any other problems.
As I stated earlier, this is my first bike and my knowledge is almost non-existent.
So I came across what I believe to be the fuel filter? A hose comes straight off the tank into it, and a hole on the backside letsfuel into the engine, while another smaller hose comes out the other end. My question is, are you supposed to be able to blow air through these like a normal filter?
Sorry for the wall of text and thanks for any answers in advance.
here is my questions did the engine crank over at all??? if not did you hear a relay cycle like it was trying to start?
did the headlights go out???
was your kick stand up???
was the bike in neutral???
it's all in the details bud... we will do our best to help

Old 03-13-2013, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by mnguyen84
plugs are def not cheap. f4i plugs are like $11 a pop

okay. similar to cars, a common cause for no starts is the battery. try jump starting the bike as if it were a car. if that doesnt work then you need to describe to us what's going on so we can chime in.

when you turn the key to ON. do u hear an EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE sound coming from the fuel tank? do the headlights come on? when you try to start it... what does it sound like? do you hear the starter trying to turn?

you can put the old plugs back in to test out these things..or wait for the new ones.

It is a brand new battery and jump starting didnt work. When the key is on the pump does prime and the headligts come on(one is out). When trying to start it, it just cranks but doesnt catch. It originally started for about a second and then died. I tried a few more times without luck.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your decision about new plugs is begging to make sense.

what's the milage on the bike> does the FI light flash? do you know how old the gas is?

if you can, unbolt and pull off the fuel rail..with all the injectors still in... lay a old shirt or something underneath... start the bike... is it dropping fuel?

Old 03-14-2013, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by mnguyen84
your decision about new plugs is begging to make sense.

what's the milage on the bike> does the FI light flash? do you know how old the gas is?

if you can, unbolt and pull off the fuel rail..with all the injectors still in... lay a old shirt or something underneath... start the bike... is it dropping fuel?

The mileage is about 20,000 miles. I pulled the tank and drained the gas just to make things easier, ill fill it with fresh gas when it goes back together. I think at this point I just need to get the spark plugs back in and go from there. Then I can get you guys a little better idea of whats going on

Old 03-16-2013, 11:46 AM

Alright guys, the plugs came in and got everything back together and she runs! However I do have an fi light on. It flashes every 5 seconds and then stays on when riding the bike. I haven't had the chance to get a manual yet, anybody know what this light means?

Old 03-16-2013, 12:37 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Make sure everything is plugged back in and tight. All electrical connections and vacuum lines must be good or the light will come on. It's not uncommon to not get one in all the way or forget a connection.