Front end swapped by previous owner - CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Old 04-14-2018, 04:36 PM

Default Front end swapped by previous owner

Iíve got an 01 f4i that was a stunt bike. Iíve slowly been taking it back to stock. They did a front end swap and from what Iíve been able to research itís got 954 triple clamps with 04-05 cbr1000rr forks and 06-07 cbr1000rr rim and brakes.

ive read that the turning radius is shorter with the 954 triple on which is fine but right before it hits the stops the lower triple bolts hit the back of the headlight housing and lower headlight adjustment screw. Granted I donít turn it that far while riding I get that but it still bothers me that it does that.

has anyone else ran into this issue? Is there a fix? Any advise is welcome. Iíve googled a lot but I canít find anyone that has run into this problem, or mentioned it.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:19 PM

Very few people do the swap and most who do are stunters who don't care. So knowledge is limited.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:35 PM

I wrecked my front end and am about to do the 954 clamps with a 600rr front end. I appreciate this tidbit so I can keep an eye out for it.
I know that you said you google-fu'd this a bunch but thought I might mention I found a bunch of good info on stuntlife.com; not sure if you came across that site during your search. Best of luck.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjork View Post
I wrecked my front end and am about to do the 954 clamps with a 600rr front end. I appreciate this tidbit so I can keep an eye out for it.
I know that you said you google-fu'd this a bunch but thought I might mention I found a bunch of good info on stuntlife.com; not sure if you came across that site during your search. Best of luck.
yeah I did. They have a lot of good info on how to and what will fit kind of stuff. I havenít read anything on there about the bolts hitting the back of the headlights or if there is a fix. Maybe Iíll try again just on there and see what I can dig up. Thanks.