F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Front end help please ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 08:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front end help please ASAP!

Ok so I took the front end off to install flushmounts (which look sweet btw) but now for the life of me I cant get it back on. Ive tried and tried realigning it. It just wont allign anywhere. If i get one side the other side is way off. HELP HELP HELP!!!!! Any tricks or something i should be doing ie pushing on something or pulling. THANK YOU!

Old 03-26-2006, 09:26 PM
Default RE: Front end help please ASAP!

The only help I can give is get someone to help you hold the fairing up while you align the the air rams and watch for the wiring harness connector on the left side of bike. Take your time and don't force anything!! I walked away from mine and when we started back on it just went on with no problems. Good luck and be patient.

Old 03-26-2006, 09:32 PM
Default RE: Front end help please ASAP!

I had the same problem. What I did was to start with right side because it didn't have any cables to screw with. Get the right side on first. Once you get the hole for right side mirror over the place where the mirrors screw in the fairing will stay in place, freeing up your hands. Be careful to get the air ducts lined up along with the black inner fairing that's behind the front wheel and in front of the radiator. Once the right side is on you then have to start on the left. This part is really tricky. I don't know if there's a method, but I basically kept working it on while shoving the cables around to get it to fit. After 10-15 mins I got it to fit. If you can, get someone to help. An extra set of hands can be useful when getting the cables, air duct, and whatever else lined up on the left side. You'll find it's going to be a tight squeeze. Just make sure that you aren't pulling/stretching any cables.

Good luck.