F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Friendly advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 12:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Friendly advice

I have a friend who's lookin at a used bike he might want to buy, but there's a problem. The pevious owner dropped the bike oncewhile attempting to do a wheelie (not very fast)and she bent the clutch lever downward, and the tip of the lever is broken off. I know that it's easy to replace the lever, but would her dropping it on that side affect the clutch's performance? Also since the bike's been sittin outside, the chain has rusted some. Does that have to be replaced, or can that be cleaned off?

By the way it's a 2006 Suzuki Katana with 1200 miles and she wants $5600 for it.

Old 01-12-2007, 12:27 AM
Default RE: Friendly advice

eh.. seems a lil high in my opionion, like they say "better safe then sorry" about the chain i would change it before even riding it in the parking lot!

Old 01-12-2007, 12:31 AM
Retired Moderator

I've heard alot of people making fun of the Katana. I don't know too much about their history, but I would encourage your friend to reduce the cost of the repairs from the overall price of the bike. Actually, I would encourage your friend to wait for a Honda .

Old 01-12-2007, 01:48 AM
Banned

Dropping a bike, in most situations, isn't going to seriously affect it's functionality. If she snaped off the lever, replace it. Take the side fairings off or down, whichever is easier and look for cracks in the frame/subframe. No cracks on those or the engine covers, you're good.

Personally, that cost is too much for a Katana.

Old 01-12-2007, 02:30 AM

eww....Can-o-tuna, i mean katana
whoever is gonna buy that bike will be sorry. they are slow, heavy, and you would be better off buying a hardlyruns, i mean harley

Old 01-12-2007, 03:43 AM

Yeah, that's too high. Doesn't matter about the damage though, it's really minor. The same for the chain, although I'd replce it.
Anyway, I'd pass on that **** bucket. If the chain's rusted just from sitting outside, they never lubed it...or did any other maintenance either I'd bet.
Besides, I think an '06 katana 600 or 750 goes for like $6500 new, or close to it. That bike was a POS the day it rolled off the assembly line.

Old 01-12-2007, 03:45 AM

yea ive heard bad things about the katana but havent ridden one so i cant say for sure but he might just wanna look for something else instead of trying to get something that hell have to fix that wont be that great when hes done

Old 01-12-2007, 05:13 AM

no way would i ever spend 5600 on a katana.

i'd rather spend 3000 on an 01 f4i w/ salvaged title.

Old 01-12-2007, 07:27 AM

$3000 for an 01 f4i with salvaged title is a lot already.

i have a question. i noticed you said "she". hmmm... girl stunter... is she hot?

Old 01-12-2007, 04:02 PM

Thanks fellas. I'd rather have my friend get a honda. But since everybody loves their hondas so much, its hard to find one thats for sale. Can't blame em though. I'm not really feelin this Suzuki too well, but its not my ultimate decision. This would be his first bike so if he decides to get it I'm just gonna make sure he doesn't get ripped off. I'm gonna try to talk her down to $4500 even. Maybe even $4000. If she aint feelin that, she can kiss my ***. As far as if she's hot, I haven't seen her yet. Just been contacting her through the phone. We're gonna meet her today so I'll let you guys know. Yet and still, if she is fine, she for damn sure doesn't know what the hell she's doing on a bike. That disability might carry over into other traits. Feel me?

Quick Reply: Friendly advice