F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Fresh Start

Old 05-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fresh Start

So I FINALLY got home from school late last night. Reunited with the f4i After unpacking eveerything today I did a half-assed attempt of wiping the dust off so there are some water spots. I just hated seeing my baby covered in dust

So the good: the bike is essentially stock. That makes my job a little easier, so there's no crazy wiring or anything to figure out.
The bad: the bike is essentially stock. The bike looks like a fat girl with glasses who coveres her ice cream sandwiches in calculus problems. Particularly the rear fender and ugly tire combo make me want to punch my own nuts

Soooooo inspection is on saturday, can't really ride till then. I traded windscreens with a forum member, but I didn't get his yet. I should get it friday/saturday, just in time. It looks like the brakes are getting low so I will need to take care of that soon. Again, I'm pretty sure the PO didn't touch the bike maintenance wise. Oil change and new spark plugs are a must. Maybe an airfilter too? The rear tire doesn't have the most tread in the world, but I think it should pass. Regardless, I want some pilots sooner than later. I've been considering my options for a fender eliminator too (I didn't have a job at college so I'm more broke than its worth mentioning plus I have requirements such as inspection, truck registration, etc to pay for first). I was thinking about the diy eliminator that SS had on here, but I would still want a legitimate undertail in time.

After the eliminator, I can do more fun stuff (Yes, I SHOULD be trying to save money ). Flush mounts on the front to give it a more slim look along with shorty levers. That'll help. I'll do the LED/airduct mod so the cars in front of me can see my turn signals too (I want no excuses). On a nasty weather day with nothing better to do I want to take the speedo and tach off and put in some white LEDs instead of the nasty orange ones. I would like HIDs at some point, but I wanted to retrofit some projectors too. Not sure how that'll turn out since the projectors and required hid kit for said projectors was like $300 last I checked (if I read it right), and compare that to $50 shipped for ddm hids (yes, I know its not the right way but I'm poor )

So why did you spend your time reading this? Why did I spend my time writing this? Some questions remained unanswered. But here are some pictures to make up for it. (just put the tank pad on today, before that it was a smiley face sticker that licked my crotch every time I sat on the bike)

(note: apparently cbrf doesn't like my picture sizes so I'm gonna go try to figure out my photobucket password, brb)

Attached Thumbnails Fresh Start-cbr1.jpg  
Old 05-11-2011, 01:33 PM

Name:  cbr2.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  127.8 KB

Name:  cbr3.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  99.3 KB

Name:  cbr1.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  102.7 KB

Last edited by Honda125 358; 05-11-2011 at 01:34 PM. Reason: moar picz
Old 05-11-2011, 01:52 PM

looks good. just got one bone stock as well and there is so much i want to do to her. Have fun!

Old 05-11-2011, 02:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where is it that you live that you need an inspection?

One mod you can do that wont really change much but looks, is shortening your muffler. If you are just a little bit mechanically inclined, you can drill out the rivits, cut the inner tube and the body down the same amount, careful to measure 3 or 4 times and cut once CAREFULLY, then remove the extra packing, and shazam!! cool, short pipe.

Thats whar I think

Old 05-11-2011, 02:26 PM

Looks great man, super clean! One of the nice things about a stock bike is that you get to mod it exactly the way you want to, don't have to deal much with undoing someone elses mess. That Akro pipe is a nice bonus as well, I would put one vote towards not cutting a nice pipe like that.

Definitely knock out the needed maintenance and inpection requirements first, go ride and enjoy the bike, then start modding. How many miles are on her? Air filter wouldn't hurt, but Honda says it isn't needed until 24,000 miles (if you're low on cash if could probably wait).

Old 05-11-2011, 03:14 PM

Mileage is about 18k right now.

The pipe is super long, but after all it is an akrapovric. I like it and I'm sure it would look good shortened maybe 3 inches (I don't like when they look TOO short) but I'm not good enough with a dremel to risk a $500 slip on. I do, however, want to ride around to some exhaust shops and find someone that's willing to make me a high mount mid pipe. I made a thread on that maybe a month ago.

bro, I live in pa. Just north of pittsburgh, and I hate this county and everything about it. Inspection isn't bad, its just a way for the guy to look at your bike and say "yeah, it looks like your bike has tires installed. That'll be $15."

ps: how much oil does this bike take??

edit: another thing I want to do is play with carbon fiber. The "how to wrap your tank in cf" thread made me wet. I think heel guards are a good first project, pretty basic being 2D (as far as making a part out of cf, not just wrapping). A CF end cap on that muffler would be sexy.

Last edited by Honda125 358; 05-11-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by honda125 358
mileage is about 18k right now.

The pipe is super long, but after all it is an akrapovric. I like it and i'm sure it would look good shortened maybe 3 inches (i don't like when they look too short) but i'm not good enough with a dremel to risk a $500 slip on. I do, however, want to ride around to some exhaust shops and find someone that's willing to make me a high mount mid pipe. I made a thread on that maybe a month ago.

Bro, i live in pa. Just north of pittsburgh, and i hate this county and everything about it. Inspection isn't bad, its just a way for the guy to look at your bike and say "yeah, it looks like your bike has tires installed. That'll be $15."

ps: How much oil does this bike take??

edit: Another thing i want to do is play with carbon fiber. The "how to wrap your tank in cf" thread made me wet. I think heel guards are a good first project, pretty basic being 2d (as far as making a part out of cf, not just wrapping). A cf end cap on that muffler would be sexy.
3.5 qt

Old 05-11-2011, 03:34 PM

niiiiiice thank you sir

Old 05-11-2011, 04:19 PM

Sexy!

Old 05-11-2011, 10:23 PM

cut that pipe down get a FE and shell be sexy as hell. I just got home from school tonight i cant wait to go see my baby tomorrow. I got my brand new jardine stickers to slap on my shorty im pumped. I need to reregister it though so i cant ride yet either god damn it. hopefully ill be on the road after the weekend as well though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fresh Start