F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Freestyle Ing crage cage install help!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freestyle Ing crage cage install help!!

Hi, i have an 2001 CBR f4i and in need of some help installing the Freestyle Ingenuity crash cage. Im having really hard time making the cage fit properly, and yes i followed the instructions perfectly. Heres my first questions.

1. This is regarding the first picture. I removed the engine bolt but does this nut need to be removed? the cage end doesnt fit in perfectly because this is in the way. If so how do you remove this nut. is it just a huge allen wrench?i had up to an 8 or 10 mm but that wasnt big enough. There was already frame sliders on the bike which was placed with that nut in place.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z...8/DSC02239.jpg
2. Second question is for those that do have he FI cage. The bottom loop would hit and exhaust on the bottom (rightwhere the pipes conn)and my only choice was to either hit the exhaust a bit in with a hammer or to remove the bolt that holds pipe on the bottom, right where the slip on meets. look at pic please.

This crap is pissing me off. Even on my R1 the powers race rails had fitment issues and they had to resend me another unit which actually was long enough to actually fit. anyway please help, trying to get my stuntbike together. Thanks for your time.

EDIT: How do you post pics on this forum? Do the links work?

Old 06-24-2008, 05:47 PM
Default RE: Freestyle Ing crage cage install help!!

write [img], not [IMG], it will work. i think you could better be posting at stunters corner..

Old 06-24-2008, 09:48 PM

I dont like fi cages. All i hear from people running them is that they like to break engine mounts. I have an si cage on my bike and havnt had any problems with it.

Old 06-25-2008, 02:16 AM

ill try stuntlife,thanks. the lower case "img" also helped. I learned something today...